No. 7.875: Female Police x Delinquent Male Reader Final Part

Previously on Report No. 7

Your POV

This is never the day that my future is broken beyond shattering. I felt betrayed not with my parents, but with Laura with a connection that she was too helpless to fight off since she was that loyal to the system that the society has turned against losers like me. No one wants me, even it makes me want to lose my mind thanks to my apartment being burned down. My stuff is in there! And now I have nothing except with the remaining school materials. My life is shattering, maybe now...

Back to the main story...

I walk away from Daric's girlfriend, but she had her knife from her pocket or something and charged forward at me. I wasn't able to dodge or parry at that moment. Why does my luck like this...?

"If you weren't here, Daric would have been like this-!" She ran up with her knife coming at me. A gunshot came behind her and shot her back. "Augh-Aaaghh!" She screams in sharp pain.

"What the...?" I step back while I watch her bleed.

"Secure the suspect, hurry!" The policemen have arrived.

"Let go! I'm going to kill that bastard!" Daric's girlfriend struggles to break free. They took the knife away from her while they manage to handcuff her. Of course, one of them has medkits just in case for the wounded. I don't understand though, why or how did they get here so...

"You were always have been a target of the criminal or their society, Y/n. That's why I did whatever it takes to help you." A familiar voice came to me from behind. "If we couldn't find you sooner here, you would most likely get killed no matter how much we try to get you to the hospital again for the third time."

"...Laura..." I turn to her while her allies manage to secure their suspect.

...

It's now quite since I have been sitting on a bench now with Laura next to me since we are still at the park. I never thought that I would just admit I was wrong and regret what I said to her during the hospital. "Are you ok?" She started to ask me.

"Never the better," I respond. "Mind telling me how you manage to arrest Daric and find me before I got killed if I wasn't careful?" I ask her.

"Your...Y/m, she met me while I was out of the hospital and told me a story. After that, I didn't know what to do at first, but now I have to go in and strike before they could make a move." She said. I look at her silently and let her continue on. "Y/m snitched the information of Daric's hideout with the location and how the defenses have been set up. She even handed me the map as well. She always wanted to fix the society that Y/d made for his selfishness. Daric took that advantage and then more of them."

"Well, that's one thing, but can you tell me the other thing why you wanted to save me again?" I ask.

"That's three times that I saved you. Although, I plan on tagging your movement and location on where you're going until there's one of Daric's lackeys showing up and trying to kill you to achieve her revenge. I did whatever I could to protect you and..."

"That's the last time you protected me because I have no will to survive in this world. Everything it had just set against me. I don't know how I would suffer like this." I sighed.

"Maybe you were just standing down, thinking that you would be this childish to be easily scared of the powerful group. That's what I saw the last time, and even at your old school that you don't want to express your fake happy smile while you're still abused. You should have told anyone so they can help you before you move out. That's what I wanted to do. Did you tell everyone what they did to you?" She asks.