06 / Good and Bad News

"Thank you." I smile grabbing my food. Just a simple pancake.

"Stop touching my food," Eddie grumbles. "Stop being a dick man." Bill keeps a calm facial expression. His arm falls behind me, gripping onto my shoulder. He slumps in his seat.

"Your back will hurt if you sit like that." "And?" "Just trying to help you here." He shrugs, continuing to eat.

"Why would you stick your finger in my drink??" "I wanted some." "You...I'm not gonna argue." Richie smiles.

Bill pulls me closer. He pulls his leg over mine.

I can easily hear my heartbeat in my ears.

"Who's paying? I'm not." Richie pulls his leg up to tie his converse. "I didn't bring any money." Eddie shrugs as Richie pulls him out of the booth.

"I got it," I mumble laying money on the table.

Bill pulls me out of the both, gripping my arm. "Can you not do that?" He turns his head slightly before letting go.

"Richie let me go you ass hole." Eddie lays over Richie's shoulder. "Nice ass." Eddie hides his face in embarrassment.

"So...what's the rules of being a 'player' ?" "Why. D'You wanna be one?" He gives me a confused look.

"Oh god no. People have different rules when they are."

"I don't know. Don't murder someone I don't know." He shrugs as I giggle.

"Well duh." "...Don't fall in love. Number one rule for both parties. Neither of us can fall in love basically." "And how many people have?" "Ninety-nine percent." He throws his arm around my shoulder.

"Who's the one perfect?" "People who are like you. They avoid us until they finally cave in." I glare at him. "You came up to me first." "And then you caved in." I furrow my brows.

"Good news and bad news," Richie mumbles scratching the back of his head. "What is it?" Bill shakes his head.

"Good news is, I snapped his arm back into place... the bad news is. He broke it." Eddie holds onto his arm silently.

"Well, shit man," Bill mutters as Richie holds Eddie close.  "We're almost home anyways come on." Eddie and I begin to speed walk towards the house. Richie and Bill follow behind slowly.