039 / Cigarettes

"Richie if you try to give me a lap dance I swear I'm gonna suffocate you in your sleep."

++++

— Thursday 9:50 pm

He sits in the driver seat after putting gas in the car.

"Here." "What all did you get?" "Candy, drinks, stuff like that. Richie wanted some stuff too." He shrugs starting the car. Once again grabbing my hand.

Like that's the first thing he thinks of.

I let go. "Are you still pissed off?" He continues to stare at the road. "No...why?" "You're a horrible liar. And you always hold my hand." "Oh..." I grab onto his hand once again.

"There should be no reason to pissed off bunny." "But you make no sense. Why kiss the others but not me?" "Do you want me to kiss you? It seems like you do." He chuckles.

"...No. Just saying. It's weird and confusing." I shrug as he parks the car. Richie runs out, grabbing the bag and runs back into the house. Clearly only in his underwear.

"He's always like that. I don't understand either." Bill shrugs locking the car once again.

"Richie if you try to give me a lap dance I swear I'm gonna suffocate you in your sleep." Eddie squeals pushing Richie away.

"Why are you in your underwear?" "Why not?" I shake my head grabbing my stuff from the bag.

"You smoke?" "Yeah? Is that a problem?" He pulls one out, setting it in his mouth.

"Yeah...you'll die from it." I shrug as Eddie sits unusually quiet.

"Welp." he goes to light it, but instead Eddie grabs the lighter and throws it across the room.

"What the fuck dude?" "You're not fucking smoking in my house." He leaves the living room, Richie slowly slides his pants on.

"What's his problem?" He furrows his brows. "His mom smokes. She's horrible towards him. Made him take pills he didn't even need. He hates anything to do with smoking or germs."

"Oh..." he says softly. Throwing the cigarette pack in the trash and making his way into Eddie's room.

"Is that why he's like that?" "Yeah...always been until we all decided to move out. He was fifteen...I had just turned sixteen so yeah..." I shrug cleaning up the mess Richie had made when we were gone.

"And you have OCD?" He raises his brows gently. "Yeah...how did you know?" He shrugs.

"Everything you do. Everything is really clean. Your bedroom is neat." He shrugs once again pulling me into the couch with him.