064 / Please don't leave

He thinks if he lets go, I'll leave him.

++++

I pull my hoodie on, well basically Bill's. I walk to the park that's pretty close to my house. I hear yelling when I get close enough.

"Shit Stan you didn't have to walk." Richie furrows his brows. "S-Stan? You came?" "Yeah to get your dumbass so you wouldn't get hurt."

He climbs down slowly, standing in front of me. "Come on. Get in the car I don't wanna talk." His face softens as he stares at the ground, finally resting his forehead on my head.

"Bill..." "I..." "C'mon. Get in the car." He sighs before walking away. I get in the front, Richie drives.

"Can I go to your house?" He whispers softly. "No." "Why not?" "Because you're getting on my nerves." "I just wanna sleep." "You have your own bed." "Not by myself." He lays on his side, reaching his hand into the front.

Reaching for my hand.

I pull it away, stuffing it in my pocket. "Bunny..." he whispers before becoming silent. He tries to dig into my pocket, after a second he gives up. Clearly passing out instantly.

"He hates sleeping alone. Being alone at home kills him." "How come?" "Connor. They slept in the same bed for the longest time. When they broke up he had no one for a good bit. Didn't sleep half the time."

"Oh," I whisper reaching my arm back, caressing his cheek gently with my thumb. "Take me to his house. I'll stay with him." "Are you sure?" "Yeah. I guess." I shrug as he nods.

Richie parks slowly. "Bill come on," I whisper opening his door. "Where are we?" "At home. Come on." Once he stands up, Richie drives away.

"Where's he going?" He whispers still half asleep. "Don't worry. Come on. Let's go to bed. Kay?" "Mhmm."

I unlock the door. Bill's smell enters my nose. Making my head flutter gently.

I sit on the couch. He lays in his bed, passed out as soon as he laid down.

—a bit later

"St-Stan? Where'd you go? Stan? You didn't leave, did you? Please don't be gone." He wanders from his room. "Stan? You left me? Please no." He whimpers.

Sliding his hand across the wall as he walks. I listen silently to his whimpers. I know it's bad to let him cry like that.

"Stan? Bunny? Did you leave?"

Finally, he stands in the living room. Nothing on except his pajama pants.

He rubs his eye gently. Tears falling down his cheeks. "You didn't leave?" He sniffles trying to hold back his tears. His cheeks already irritated from the tears.

"No Bill. I wouldn't leave you alone." "I hate being alone...please don't leave."

He snuggles his head into the crook of my neck, silent tears fall. Slightly soaking my t-shirt.

"I won't...I promise."

He lets out a soft sob. He clearly was holding it in.

"Hey hey hey. Don't cry." "I don't want you to leave...please don't leave me." He cries a bit harder.

His knees become weak as we both sit on the floor. He snuggles onto me, holding onto my shirt as tight as he can.

He thinks if he lets go, I'll leave him.