066 / Ticked off

"What the fuck do you mean?" "Jake is in my spot now,"

++++

"I don't understand why you're ticked off." He takes a sip of his water. "Because you don't remember anything from last night and it's annoying."

"Please tell me what I did." His voice full of sarcasm. "No." "Then don't be ticked off." I hold all of my clothes close to my chest. I stand there with shorts on. Wearing his hoodie.

"You know. I didn't think you would be such a dick all the time." "Well you know me so well, then tell me something nobody else knows."

"You hate being alone. Ever since Connor left you hate being home alone. Sleeping alone to be 100% clear. And when you're drunk it's worse! You cry! You told me not you leave you!" He stares at the ground.

"I had to promise you that I wouldn't leave! You cried in my arms right there!"
I point towards the floor as he flinches.

"You've made this past month hell Bill-" he pulls my face close. I melt into the kiss.

"That not gonna make the situation better." I mumble. "Shut up for a minute." His soft lips touch mine. My arms wrap around his neck, I scratch lightly at his bare back.

"Are you sure you wanna leave?" Richie snickers grabbing my stuff from the ground. "Huh? Yeah." I pull away from his grasp. "Shit man." He mutters scratching the back of his neck.

"You kissed him?" "No. He kissed me." I mutter sitting in the class before lunch. "Why?" "I don't know. I was rambling. It doesn't mean anything. It never does." Eddie frowns. Messing with the hem on Richie's hoodie.

"Yeah, he said I'm his first choice now." A boy giggles talking to the people around him. "It means absolutely nothing." I slump in my seat, fumbling with my pencil.

—lunch

"I don't wanna talk to him." "You'll have to. He sits beside you every day." "He sits beside Eddie sometimes." "He won't anymore," Richie grumbles wrapping his arms around the smaller boy's waist, letting his hands rest on the boy's hips.

"Hey man, you alright?" "Yeah." Bill shrugs. He sounds normal. Nothing different.

"Jake." He smiles grabbing the boy's waist. Clearly, it's the boy from the other night.

"Hi, I'm Jake." He smiles lending a hand out for me to shake. Not Mike or Richie's hand. My hand.

"Stan," I mumble before turning around. Bill pulls me into the hallway.

"Don't be ticked off." "Stop telling me what to do and maybe I won't be." "Listen. You're mine, remember?" "Not anymore," I mutter. "What the fuck do you mean?" "Jake is in my spot now," I mutter as our faces stay inches apart.

"He must be lying because I never said that." He grips my chin gently. "Stop touching me asshole." "Don't tell me what to do." He cups my cheek, smirking slightly. "What?" "Your face is bright red." "Is not." "Are you sure? Because I can say one thing-" "You...You don't have to do that."

"Hmm." He snickers before waking away.