095 / Not as bad

"It's not as bad as it looked earlier. A couple of bandaids will help."

++++

Stan trembles as we stand at the front door. "I'm cold." "I know." I pull him closer.

Eddie hugs the boy as soon as he sees the state he's in. "What happened to your arm? Is he drunk?" I shake my head gently as he stares into the boy's eyes, his pupils dilated.

"How much did you drink?" "T-Three or four." His voice trembles as we take him towards the bathroom. His breathing slows as he starts to hear the shower water.

"Let me see your arm," Eddie whispers as I pull his shirt off. Eddie gently wipes it off before we both leave him in the bathroom.

"What happened?" "Bill left him drunk at the restaurant. He's still incredibly drunk now. I'm guessing he got cut on the way into the library."

"The library?" "Yeah...why?" "That's always been his safe place...where'd you find him?" "In the corner." "Where the bird books are?" "Yeah..."

A knock on the door frightens us both, on instinct I pull him behind me as I unlock the door.

"Move out of the way." Bill shoves me aside, looking for someone, certainly it's gonna be Stan.

"Bill go home." "Fuck no. Move." I feel Eddie's grip on my shirt tighten. He does that when he's in a stressful situation.

"It's okay," I whisper. "Richie just fucking move." "Bill leave. Go home." He glares into my eyes.

"Bill." Once again he tries to push past me. My arm goes against his throat as I push him into the wall across from us.

(Bc Stan and them live in an apartment complex thing.)

"Richie please come back inside." "Listen to your boyfriend Richie. I can remember what his lips felt around-" "Finish that fucking sentence and I'll crush your esophagus."

"Richie! Come back inside." My breathing slows as I glance back, I don't move.

"Move Richie. You wouldn't do that to your best friend." "You hurt Stan...of course I wouldn't do that to him." I grab onto his shirt, his back still against the wall.

"Go, home man. I'm not fucking coming back." I let go following Eddie into the house. He stares at me with his big doe eyes, one of them with a soft shade of purple on his cheek.

"What?!" He flinches as I run my fingers through my hair. "Oh baby I didn't mean to I'm sorry...I didn't mean to scare you." I kiss his head.

Ben whispers to someone. Stan.

His arm wrapped around his back helping him into his room. "Bev and I will help. Goodnight." I nod, running my hands up and down his back.

"You didn't...you didn't do that to Bill. Right?" "Of course not." "Good." I kiss him gently.

—Stan's POV

Ben leads me to my room. My lungs sore from breathing so heavily.

All I did in the shower was stand there. Washing my hair and body.

"Thanks, Ben." My voice comes out as a rasp. I flinch at it.

"He was here wasn't he?" Ben stays silent. "It's okay...you can tell me. I'll be okay." "He...He was. He's going home now. I'll get Eddie to come in here with the bandaids and stuff." I nod as he closes my door softly.

It still smells like Bill. I notice half of his wardrobe on the floor. Once getting dressed I pick it all up, making my way to put it in the wash.

"Hey hey hey. Put that down...let me do that hon." Beverly smiles as Eddie pulls me into the living room.

"It's not as bad as it looked earlier. A couple of bandaids will help." He glows.