067 / Why not?

"Why are you in your underwear?" "Why not?"

++++

We sit and eat lunch. Every talks except me.

Someone's cold hand trails up my shirt gently. "Fuck. Bill don't do that." "Why not?" "Because we're in school." "Would you let me do that outside of school?" "No." He rolls his eyes, pulling his hand back. "That doesn't mean you can't hold my hand you know."

The corners of his mouth come up slightly. "You look better with a smile you know." "Mhmm. Sure. Must there be a reason I need to smile?" "I don't know. Me?" "Maybe." He shrugs.

—later

"Give me my pencil back asshole," Eddie grumbles taking it back from Richie. "Don't be upset Eds." "Stop being idiotic and maybe I w-" Richie kisses him gently. "Not in school rich." He smiles, pulling his face away slowly.

"Hey, Richie. You still wanna hang out later tonight?" Eddie glares at the girl who stands in front of Richie. "Can't. Have plans with Eddie tonight. We're dating you know?" She frowns before walking away.

"How long have you had plans with her?" "I don't know." He shrugs pulling the pull close. "I don't need that type of answer. Give me a number." "A week I don't know. "Good." He mutters fixing his posture.

The two had only been together for about four days now. It's not a toxic relationship. They're polar opposites. What do you expect?

— after school

"It's fucking raining," I mutter as the other six stand at my sides. "C'mon Eds." "I'll get sick." "I'll take care of you." "Hmm." He rolls his eyes before following Richie into the rain, both of their hoods up.

Ben, Mike, and Beverly walk the opposite way, most likely going to Mike's house.

I grip the strap of my satchel. "C'mon." "I don't have a hoodie." "Where's mine?" "I left it at home," I mumble. "You'll be fine." He pulls me into the rain.

"Shit," I mutter as we begin to walk.

—at home

"Open the door asshole." Richie opens the door slowly. "It's my fucking house." He rolls his eyes, opening it where we can step inside.

"Why are you in your underwear?" "Why not?" He shrugs putting the cigarette out on the wall. "Asshole," Eddie mutters pulling him towards a room.