049 / I don't wanna do this anymore

"How do I fix the problem?" "Don't know. Figure it out." His hands slither around my waist, pulling me close.

"I don't know how to figure it out. That's the problem." "I can't help you." I hand Richie his food.

"Yes, you can. I don't know how but you can." I stay silent, not knowing what to say either.

"Why do you act this way?" "What?" "Answer the question. Why do you act this way towards me and not other guys?"

"I-I don't know..." "You act like an asshole to everyone else except me. But then when I do something you don't like you get aggressive." He stands and listens to every word I say.

"I don't care how you want things. I'm gonna do it my own way." I take a shaky breath. "Did the kiss mean anything to you?" He says quietly. "Yeah, yeah it did. Leave." "Can't we talk first?" "Nope."

"You wanna know why I'm an ass all the time? I'm afraid to fall in love okay? It's something I don't do anymore because people like you."

"People like me??" "Yeah! People like you say they love me when they really don't! I know you don't love me but if you did. It would be a lie."

"Not everyone that loves you is lying Bill! Why don't you understand that??" He quickly wraps his arms around me. My arms stuck in between us.

"Why don't you understand? You're one of my best friends. I wouldn't lie to you." "Do you have feelings for me?" His voice flat once again.

"No..." "Why are you lying?" "I'm n-" "Don't lie to me Stan...please don't." He mumbles.

"Can you just please leave? I really don't wanna talk to you right now." My voice stays soft. "Can I-" "No Bill....please?" He stays silent. Finally walking away and closing the door.

"Stan? He knows when people lie. Right now...he can't tell...please don't cry." Richie pushes his food away, hugging me tightly.

"I don't wanna do this anymore Richie...I don't wanna like him. I don't." I sob into his chest.