*chapter 16*

The Prince took jug full of water and enter into his mother's room. He know he should be angry and he also know that his mother is disappointed in him too but right now he want some answers.

Was sanyukta right?

It can't be right?

He can't be blind to such discrimination. Or was he this ignorant from this whole life?

All these questions were spiralling in his mind but he can't sit and doubt himself. Right now he need to get some answers.

"Mother." He called out when the Queen was nowhere in the room. He put the water at the table and look around the room to find his mother. He went out in the corridors and look around.

He at last found his mother sitting in the royal court.

The first question erupt in him was what is she doing here, but then he realised that he was so stupid to never ask why she shouldn't be here?

No women is allowed in royal court.

A statement he always heard but never asked why.

"Mother " he called out softly and elegantly walked to her. She was sitting over the stairs that leads to throne.

The Prince sat beside his mother and stare at her.

Does my mother felt all those things too?

"Are you going to tell me that I'm not allowed here?" The Queen voice was low.

"No mother. Not at all. " the Prince said and hold her mother's hand.

"It's a different feeling when you do something you are not allowed to. There are very few things I have ever rebelled for." The Queen smiled.

"Very few things? What were those things mother? " the Prince was curious.

She smiled at the memory.

"Eating whatever I want. Wearing whatever I want. Speaking whatever I want. Going where ever I want." She laughed.

"But these all are our own choices then why you had to be a rebellious for those?" The Prince inquiry made her laugh.

"You know randhir, after you were born, you father wanted a daughter too. But I didn't. I never wanted a daughter. " she felt silent. And he copied his mother.

"Because even after knowing how wrong it is, I had to brought up my daughter as I was brought up. Differently.. " her eyes were stoned.

"Differently? What do you mean? He searched her eyes.

"If she would have born. Then everybody would tell her how pretty she is. I will make her wear pink and red until she believe that it is supposed to be her favorite colours. Then I would tell her what to eat and what not to because I want her to be slim and look pretty. Then I would cover her with jewelleries and heavy dresses which will make her look beautiful but it would restrict her mobility too.  I would tell her how to sit, how to talk. I would tell her to never make eyecontact with males. I would tell her to never raise her voice. I would tell her to cry and suffer in silence and let nobody knows that you are in pain. I would tell her to accept every rule by her father or husband because they are who take decisions for us. I would stop her going out because that's not where she belong.  I would teach her many dishes to cook. I would teach her cooking, sewing, washing and every other thing my mother taught me. I was a princess but I was brought up like a normal girl. The only perk of being a princess i enjoyed was sleeping a little longer, and believe me it's a bliss. "

The Queen stopped to wipe away her tears.

"Mother." He replaces her fingers and wipe off her tears.

"My mother never really asked me what I wanted. I never liked those heavy dresses. I never liked cooking. I never  ...." the Queen was crying now. He couldn't see it. He couldn't see her mother like that.

He open his huge arms and wrapped it around his mother. 

Every woman had been through what his mother had gone through. Sanyukta was so right.

He doubt his abilities. Was he really that ignorant? Maybe the king realise that there is so much more for the Prince to know. Maybe the king was right about letting him know the reality of the kingdom first.

Whatever he saw in the racecourse, what sanyukta told him and what he get to know from his mother, this all tell him there is so much wrong in his kingdom. In fact it's so wrong everywhere. But now he has to do something.

The whole Kingdom thinks that women is nothing special in this man's world, so now he will be a king with a woman companion. Yeah. Right. If he appoint sanyukta as his consultant and they both worked well then it will be proved that women deserve a better place in this world.  Now it's more about making sanyukta proving herself rather than him proving himself as a king.

Now they both have to prove themselves and they knew only they could help each other.  They would never get this opportunity ever again. 

Suddenly there was a chorus outside the royal court.

Two identical servants enter in the royal court and apologies for interrupting and entering in royal court.

"Sanyukta is not in the room." They both said in unison.

The Prince waited and the Queen fixed her manner.

"We have searched the whole palace."

Was only the statement the Prince heard until he was on his feet walking out of the court, angrily.

Thank you so much.

Please vote.

Suggestions. And criticism both are welcome.