*24*

The Prince made his way towards the room he had last seen them. The blood stains on the threshold got his attention first. He also noticed a broken glass with blood laced on it. His eyes moves fanatically around the room.

No the window is too high for her to jump.

But wait we are talking about sanyukta here.

He walked towards the window edge and observe the ground below.  A beautiful land covered with roses. Not a singlecrinkled or crumbled that means she didn't jump out from here. But if she would have left from the door guards would have seen her.

And nobody seen her except.....

His eyes moved toward the bed and he glance at her keenly.  Bandaged wrists and forehead. Scratches on arms.

He walked slowly to her and her eyes follow his motion.  She has tear in her eyes.

"See what she has done to me." Arianna cried as she showed her scratches and bandages.

"Where did she go?" That was the Prince first question.

Arianna look at him in disbelief.

"I'm injured here. Your lover almost killed me and you are asking where is she? That's just unfair your highness!"' There was a edge in her tone as if taunting him.

"That's not the answer i wanted. " he sat down beside her thin and weak body.

He ordered the maids to leave the room.

He gently lift his hand and touched her cheek. She almost purred into his hands. He hold her both cheeks and lean in. Arianna was glittery all inside. She close get eyes and waited for the heaven like feeling.

Their lips were inches close when the Prince back off. Arianna was fighting with her tears while through prince was fighting with himself.

"Why don't you tell me what happened after I left?"  Randhir put on a fake smile and kept grazing her cheek with his thumb. He knows this is the only way to get something out of her.

"After you left, We argued a little and then suddenly she was outrageous. She took that glass and attacked me. I got hurt on my wrist and when she pushed me I fall and hurt my forehead. So when i shouted for help she scratched my arms and warned to kill me. Then we heard some footsteps coming this way so she left me and ran away." She finished it all in one go and keep staring straight into his eyes.

"I am scared Randhir. She will kill me." She leans towards him and put her arms around him.

He kept silent and let her find consonance herself. Because he knew he can't give any.

After a moment, he told her to remind...

"It's 'prince' for you."

And left her. All alone.

*****

"So you are telling me that nobody seen sanyukta leaving?"

Every man and maid keep their head bowed down.

"Who was guarding in the corridors?"

Two man step forwards and without asking anything they told the Prince that they were patrolling all the time but didn't see sanyukta leave the room.

"What did you do when your hear shouting for help?"

The two guards look at each other

"Apologies my majesty!  But we didn't heard any cry for help. "

The Prince was frustrated by now.  He has got no leads that would take him to sanyukta.

It's like he can't breath anymore. His heart is pumping differently today. And his lungs are not getting any oxygen anymore. His eyes were frantically searching for a small pretty girl with long hairs and face like an angel.

And he keep telling himself that he is not caring for her he just want his body to function well like before.

"Who saw Arianna first?"

A maid meekly step ahead.

"So you treated her wounds?" The Prince walked to her..

"No your highness! She was already bandaged when she came out and ask for you. She was the one who told us that sanyukta ran away. To confirm, when we searched the palace she was nowhere. " the maid finished and looked down.

The Prince close his eyes and sigh.

Somebody is not telling the truth.

He never believed in prayers but for the first time he wanted to pray for her safety. Because he knew she is in danger for sure.

***

The Prince walked angrily towards the room where Arianna was. Arianna face showed surprise at his sudden visit.

"It must me difficult to braid your hairs when your both wrist are injured." He walked closer to her.

"Yeah. But I didn't want to bother anyone." She chuckled awkwardly.

He laughed and looked around.

"There used to be a box, full of your clothes and all your jewellery that I have gifted. Wasn't it here before I left the room today?" It sounded like he already knew the answer just wanted to hear it from her.

"I....I uhm....I.." she was only processing the thoughts when she feel a cold thing pressed to her neck.

When she looked in the mirror she found the Prince with a dagger against her windpipe.

His eyes seem devilish.

"What have you done to her?"

Thank you so much.

Please vote vote vote

Suggestion and Criticism both are welcome