44.

Only I knew how much self control it took to leave her alone there in the palace. Not ignoring the fact how tempting the sight was. Even the thoughts of what I could have enjoyed made me smile to my own. I have reached the streets I was few days ago. This time I didn't get much glances as last time. It was her who stand out from the crowd only by existing. My fingers crave to hold her warm delicate fingers. I still remember how worried I was when I find the bench empty where I left her to sit and wait. I was ready to kill if she was hurt. That was another reason why I didn't bring her along today.  First was the obvious attention she received even without trying and other was the people. By now almost everybody know whose idea it was to diminish this area of the kingdom. Many people's entertainment is lost, many egos are touched. Things called 'quick earning ' seems like a past now. She had made more enemies if two weeks than how much I have earned in my whole ife till now. She is like a trouble who would be in trouble if she step out unarmed. I would have been there with her to save her but I trust her ability to disobey me every time.

I saw few stalls here and there. The area is not crowded much but it was empty like last time we visited here. No groups sitting in the corner of the streets, no gambling.

And suddenly it made me wonder if it was this easy than why didn't dad already done it?

I walked further and noticed few guards patrolling the area to make sure it remains in control. As it was almost the time of sunset, the wind almost wild. I liked the weather. I suddenly craved her presence beside me.

Something changes suddenly.  It's like the people stop moving. When I look closely I found that they were looking at something. The something which is behind me. Out of curiosity I turned around and it was me who couldn't move anymore.

There she came, looking like a goddess in her white long skirt. She hold her scarf near to her face like that would anyhow dismiss the affect she has on people.  She hold her skirt elegantly to walk properly. The wind almost blow her scarf off her head leaving those gorgeous hair open for everyone to see.

When my eyes reached  to her eyes, I found them smiling at me.  It was a winning smile. I think I can clearly understand what it was about.

***

I look straight at him while fixing my white scarf on my head. I bring the edge of the scarf closer to my lips in order to hide the wide smile which threatens to show up.  This time I look away because didn't want to laugh at him face. I knew I'm already in trouble.

When I reached to him, I slowed down. My intention was just to pass beside him and get disappear in the crowd. I never even meant to came across him but then I realised why not.

He really through he could tame me like that?

Then the answer is right in front of him.

When I moved beside him I got a grip on my wrist.

Though I was expecting roars, growls, orders and complains but this will do fine with me.

I turn to him slowly and snatched my hand away from him harshly.

I wasn't disguised and people might know me here. I can't even imagine the judgement they would be doing about me seeing me with a random man.

"You just can't obey." He put on a most fake smile I have ever seen on his face

"And you couldn't just bring me along " I shrink my eyes.

He rolled his eyes and muttur something under his breath.

Next he hold his hand forward. Palm up.

"Come." He commanded.

Who does he think he is?

Okay. He might be the future king of the kingdom but still.

"Why would I come with you? " I retorted back.

He lift his one eyebrow and challenges me with his eyes.

"I'm not here to be with you. " I told him. "You came here for your work and I came here for mine." I step back a little.

"If you are finished you can go.  I will return when I'm done." I told him and turn away from him.

I heard a light Chuckle behind me which was not humorous at all.

"You. Can't. Just. Do. As. Told?" He asked with his jaw clenched.

"I made many good offers to you. You could have accepted. " this time I step in his direction and poked his chest lightly.

"I accept it now. Now you are here. Now just obey me okay?" And I laughed.  Like really laughed.

Do I look like a fool to him?

"Do you want me to obey you?" I spoken slowly and smiling.

I remember his words when he left me tied in the room. Later, love.

He think only he can tease right?

I get on my tip toes and whisper in his ear.

"One day, love. " I step back down and left.

Until then, keep dreaming.