chapter 34.

There was a hesitancy in every step i took.  I tried taking long breaths time to time to let go of the fear settled deep inside my heart. Nothing is going to happen right?  It's alright. I couldn't help but walked closer to him. I think he senses my fear when his head snapped to me and looked down.

"You alright?" He sounded concern "you could go back if you want." He added.

I was offended

I'm not going back. Not at all.

"I'm not scared. " I'm terrified

I mumbled but didn't said that later part.

When we were about to turn around the corner I heard laughter before I saw the group of young boys sitting at corner of the street.

I have been through it before. I don't mind. But he hadn't. I am not sure how he is gonna react.

"Whatever they say. Don't react." I mumbled scooting closer to him but he stay passive and walked ahead.

I heard whistles and ignore it.

"Sure you would look more alluring with that scarf of." I heard a comment and then laughter followed. I ignored again and walked. I bumped into the Prince. I looked up and saw him glaring toward the group of boys.  His glare was enough to shut off the laughter but one of them was too smart for his own good.

"You wanna share her mate?" He asked Randhir  this time.  I shift closer to Randhir when the males began to stand up in their feet. 

"Let's go. " I murmured to Randhir and pull him by his arm but he won't bulge. His eyes were stoned at a particular member of the gang.

Suddenly Randhir smiled.

That sinister smile.

What he is up to?

"I dare you to even glance at her and you would be breathing your last breath." The Prince declared and my eyes were wide

Oh God no no no.

I tug on his arm harder.

That smug boy smirks and step ahead while looking up and down at me. I felt disgusting. But I was too busy in hating the gaze that I didn't see the punch bring thrown straight in the boy's jaw. I cringed when I heard a crack

I take a peek, hiding behind his broad shoulders. I saw the group glaring at us in anger.

"Let's go. " this time I literally dragged him out of the scene.

Few moments after walking I was paranoid if they have been following us. I keep glancing back again and again.

Suddenly my arms were yanked closer to him.

"What's wrong?  Why are you so scared? " he asked. The anger from before still laced his voice.

"What else do you expect me to?" I almost yelled. Thankfully the street seem isolated.

"Don't you feel safe around me? His question made me blinked rapidly.

"Oh no. It's not about you.  It's just ..."

He kept staring as if he knew I had something more to say

"I was abducted when I was small. When I open my eyes I found myself here, this side of the kingdom. I don't want to imagine what would have happened if my father hadn't reached there on time." I blurt out looking down.

I felt his grip tightening more. 

"Why didn't you tell me before? " he almost sound like I had betrayed him.