72.

As everybody began leaving, her confidence began to leave her body too. What if he was really overthinking about what happened between Aarav and her last night. What if he thinks that when I came to him last night was just my guilt? What if he really think I have something for Aarav?

I can make enough troubles for him in the way to become a king? You just have to say yes.

She just have to say 'yes' to Aarav's letter. She really don't have to go but she just have to say yes for now. Once Randhir becomes a king, everything gonna be alright.

The royal court was empty before she could even blink. Now there was only Randhir and her. Fixing his royal robe he got down the stairs and made his way to her, slowly. Her heart was beating fast and her mind was running in full speed thinking about what she is going to say.

Just inches away from her, Randhir stood straight and calm but sanyukta could feel his anger radiating off from his body language. His breaths were shallow and he gripped his dagger hard.

It made sanyukta gulp and lossen her scraf around her neck.

"Nothing happened between us last night, I was just.."

A harsh finger was placed on her soft lips and she stop abruptly. The fingers slide down and hold her chin in firm grip. His eyes were blazing when she looked up. The hold on her chin felt like piercing.

Tipping her chin up , he leaned closer until his nose touched hers.

"I don't care about last night." His voice was husky and deep , not in a sensual way.

"What are you going to respond to the letter?" His question was crystal clear. He didn't care about the past, all he care is what she is going to do next.

I can make enough troubles for him in the way to become a king?

She felt his thumb digging into her chin before she heard him again.

"I asked you something." His jaw was clenched. "What is going to be your answer?" His eyes bore into hers and it made her scared of him.

For the very first time.

"Yes. I'm going to say yes." She whispered against his mouth. She was expecting that hand to slide down to her neck and choke her but instead he did something wierd.

At first he smiled, then letting go of her chin, he turned around. It took some moments for her to understand that he is laughing. Something pinched her heart badly.

"I can explain...it's not what you think. He made me say yes." I started reaching out for him but he flinched away from her touch.

She felt stabbed.

"So if I made you say no, will you?" Her tongue went dry at his question.

"That's what I thought." He took her silence as an answer.

Stepping away from her, he looked keenly at her. The way his eyes takes every ounce of her body she felt self concious.

And why does it felt so bad?

Suddenly he turned abd walked to the end of the royal court. Once he reached the doors, he turned around to her.

"I want you gone before the night." He commanded.

Her soul left her body. Her knees gave up and she stumbled.

"Please. Don't do this to me." That came out as a sob.

"Isn't that what you wanted from the very beginning. To leave. Now you are free to go." He looked away.

"And your father's job stays safe as it should be." He added to make her feel more bad.

She wasn't here just for her father job. He made it sound like she didn't love him too.

Maybe she is the one who made him feel like that. She was the one who was in denial.

But now it felt too late to change anything.

"But I love you." Sanyukta sobbed.

"And I want you gone." He shouted with angered eyes.

As he turned around to leave sanyukta followed him closely behind.

"Arrange a dinner tonight, I have things to celebrate." She heard him telling two men.

Her heart felt sore when he glanced back at her.

" I would have invited you but you surely have somebody else waiting for you." He spoke in low voice after the guards were gone.

"I don't like farewells." His eyes searched hers. She tried to find some hesitation or sadness in them but there was none. His eyes were cold as stone.

What has she done to him?

"And you aren't that special, so I'm not going to spare any.." He smirked. But that smirked fall very quickly when he added. "I don't want to see you ever again."

With that he left the halls leaving her alone behind, a sobbing mess.