33.

"I can't believe we are really doing this." I told him as I fix his hair. My task was to make them a little messy make him look like a normal person, not some prince. 

His hairs felt soft beneath my fingers. I hope he didn't realise how I intentionally let my fingers lingers there longer than needed.

I finally sigh when done and looked at his normal attire. Today we are dresses as normal citizen because he wanted to pay a visit to his kingdom under cover.

I am dressed normally as I usually do I just have my scarf over me head and around me so I can hide away my face.

"Do you still have the moustaches you used when you disguised...."

I stop him in middle by a finger on his lips. 

Gosh.  He didn't have to bring that topic up again and again.

When we were done. We got up to leave. Bit then I thought to try it for the last time.

"I have already told you everything what would see there. Less girls in schools. More male shopkeepers. Group of young boys teasing and commenting on girls around the corner of streets.  A big group of old people discussing about the decision you and your father take....." a pause. " animals." I added.

"Are you done now? Can we go?" Came his blunt question and he began to move.

I followed him with heavy steps.  We changed our clothes in the basement so nobody in the palace know what we are upto.

It was my idea actually.

I wanted him to know how the people in his palace treat people who are not royals.

"Don't look so. .confident. " I commented when he walk around with authority and dominance.

"What do I do?" Came his hurried question.

"Don't look like a...Prince. "

His head snapped to me and he just glared. I just shrugged.

I rather keep my mouth shut.

When we were out from the back door we saw the guards patrolling.

He keep waking like he own this place. Okay I mean he do. But he are supposed to be disguised.

I know I look usual  as always so they won't question me but I was expecting a question regarding him.

"Where are you going? " a guard came and enquires.

"To visit my house and I had to visit market to buy something for the Prince." I blurt out.

"So you had prince permission. " I nodded.

"And who is this man?" Guard asked.

"He is ...umm my fiance. " I hesitated.

Another guard joined him and they both talked to each other a little and laughed.

"Something funny?" The Prince voice was gruff. He didn't even tried to hide the pride in his voice.  Maybe he himself don't know how dominating his demeanour is.

"So the Prince new toy is toying with somebody else already." They both murmured and laughed. But I heard them. I hope the Prince didn't.

The Prince was turning impatient.

The guards look at him but I quickly Stood in between.

"Can we go now, we need to leave soon. " I said and hold Prince's wrist softly to drag him with me.

"Go and return before the Prince wake up.  You have to entertain the prince too. " the guards laughed behind us.

I felt his wrist sliding from my grip before I saw him trying toward the guard. Thankfully the guards  wee turned around.

"No. No. Don't. Ignore them. " I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him back.

"Please " I added.

He could have just pushed me away but then he looked down at me. His eyes turning soft.

"Come. " I quickly hold his wrist again and pull him with me.

Few steps later.

"This wasn't the first time they commented something that about you ?"

He knew the answer of his question.

I stay silent and kept walking.

"This way is for market and farms and this way.....this way leads to where you shouldn't go." I told him.

"Shouldn't go ? Is it that bad?" The Prince enquired.

I nodded and pull him toward the way of market but he pulled me back to him.

"How bad? " he smiled

"Worse than you ever know. "  I lean closer to him.

"Worse than what you told me back in the palace?" He asked 

"I didn't even started the worse part. " I told him

I can look it clear in his eyes. He want to go there.

"Let's visit the market first." I suggested

"Are you scared to go this way." He chuckled

"I not scared. I was told no to go there since I was small kid. I had heard stories. Bad stories. " I confessed.

"Let's visit this way first. We can look at the market later." This time he pulled me along with him.

"Only if we came out alive " I murmured.

"What do you mean?" He suddenly turned to me while I kept walking.  My nose bumped to his chest hard.

"Let's go the market side first. We will market, well, schools, temples. " I tried to convince him but by the way he crossed his arms against his chest made me realise that I'm not succeeding.

"Maybe I was wrong when I decided to tag you along." He murmured and shake his head.

He didn't just said that. He didn't right.

"You know what? Go there. Go there all alone.  I won't even glance when you will be shouting for help.  " I whisper yelled

"What's your point?" He pulled me by my arms.

I pushed him back to keep a little distance between us. For heaven sake we are in middle of street.

"Can't you see? It's going to be dark soon and you can't imagine all the illegal things happening around the corner. " I finished

"You are my companion. So now as a good companion, SHOW ME THE WORST PART OF MY KINGDOM." God I swear,  whenever he talk like this, lowly yet deeply, my inside shiver deliciously.

"As your wish my highness. " and then I lead the way.