chapter 80.

The moon light was enough to lighten those long corridors that were leading to the throne. The whole palace was so quite that the sound of winds sounded more like ghostly hushing. His every step was echoing in the long empty and silent hallways. Randhir had never ever felt this palace more haunted like this ever before. As he moved towards the throne it almost seem like walking into a dark cave. As he reached the stairs , he took a deep breath. One step at a time he climbed up the stairs, taking his time to save the feeling in his heart because he wasn't sure how this night is going to end. He might not had been wanting to he a king before but now as he is, he felt a new kind of responsibility upon him, which is not forced. It's like he wanted to do something for this throne. This kingdom. The people. He wanted to do so much good for them. It's added with the guilt of how his parents had been fooled around the people and back stabbing them when they live their lives to the fullest while people live in misery. He owe them. He know if he worked his whole life, this owe would never be over.

But on the other side, it's his love, sanyukta. She had nothing to do in all this and yet she is suffering. She don't deserve it. Her family didn't deserve it. But now he had to choose. Right now he missed sanyukta more as a companion. She would be the best person to tell him what to do in this situation. Then suddenly a question dinged in his mind.

What would have sanyukta suggested?

Finally reaching the throne, he traced the heavily decorated wood with his fingers. He can't imagine giving it up to someone who don't deserve it. His jaw clenched as he suddenly feel very possessive about this throne. He was Destined to be here from the day he was born. He had lived to be here. He had worked to be here. It's not something he is ready to give away that easily.

Taking his seat on the throne he could feel pride washed through his senses. He felt high on power but yet he felt powerless at same time. He didn't like it. He had to fix this. He is the king. He still has the power.

Taking a long breath he prepared himself to fight what he want and he wanted both of them, the throne and sanyukta.

He trusted Shabir to find a solution. But in the end it's his decision which is going to make all the difference.

His eyes snapped up when he noticed a shadow in the long corridors. The throne room was dimly lit which made it difficult for him to see clearly. But he held his breath and waited.

Then he heard it, little tinkle of her anklets and there she entered right after.

Her white skirt was muddy and had blood stains. The skin of her belly had marks as if being tied tightly by ropes. Her hands were bounded behind her but he could see the arms bleeding. Reaching up to her neck, a long gash was making its way from beneath her ear to the bone of her neck. A cloth was tied over her mouth inhibiting her to speak. But her eyes, god those eyes.

His heart was broken beyond repair after seeing this sight. But he stop himself from getting up and walking up to her. It might be a trap because it's just too easy to beleive. Even with the dim light he could see her eyes shining with pride. He felt a proud whelming in his heart at the thought that she belongs to him. Randhir gulped his anger and waited. He didn't noticed he was clutching his throne so tight until he felt blood dripping down. They both heard footsteps behind them and then he noticed sanyukta shaking her head in a little no.

He remembered how she denied to do anything from the letter and now she is nodding in no again.

He could feel something big coming up for him tonight.

Taking his attention back to the entrance, he waited for the person to show up.

His breath was stuck when he realised how many more knives he had to bear on his back.

"Mother." He greeted while his mother smiled.

"Your highness! " She mocked.

Sanyukta sighed and close her eyes for a second. She know she couldn't even imagine how much betrayal Randhir might be feeling now because she is still in shock.

Only she knew how much more surprises he is yet to know. Only if she survived the end of it.