23

It was difficult to say who is ready to kill whom. Arianna look ready to burst in tears while sanyukta was too shocked to react. By the look on randhir face it was difficult to say if regret what he just said.

Sanyukta eyes turn into slits as she glared hard at him but he soon made up a brave and smug demeanor and look proud.

So it's another game.

Fine two can play this game then.

"He is a liar. I know I'm pretty enough to sleep with him. I mean come on, you are perfect for him. You both are made for each other." Sanyukta patted  Arianna shoulder a little and passed a sweet smile full of pity and step away towards the door. 

At first nobody stopped her because they both were too confused that did she just praise them or insulted them.

"Sanyukta wait. " he called.

sanyukta tried to stop that little flutter her heart did at the way he voiced her name.

She turn around for another comeback but randhir was ready this time.

"You are still angry at me because I leave you alone in the morning. That's why you are saying things like that. I told you I had to get ready and you didn't even let me sleep last night, so I didn't want to be late because of that. And don't forget we promised to continue where we left yesterday, right. " Randhir walked slowly toward sanyukta, stood in front of her. He played with a strand while leaning in.

"And this time I  won't let you sleep all night. " the way he said it made her heart drop to her belly. 

It's a game. It's a trick of him. A stupid trick. It's not real.

But why does that feel so good?

"You betrayed me." A voice from behind broke their sweet moment.

"You were sleeping with her all the time you didn't sleep with me. You ditched me for her.  It was something between us. Why did you never felt it your highness! I thought you love me because I do. " she stopped suddenly when randhir was holding her arm so tight that it even looked  painful at seeing.

"I don't do love. You knew that from the very start." Randhir eyes were hard and if sanyukta was not mistaken she saw a sense of hatred I his eyes. Not for Arianna but for himself.

"But .." Arianna started but randhir harshly let her go and left the room in anger.

Sanyukta decided to leave too but she didn't feel it right to leave that broken girl behind. All alone.

"Believe me you are better without him. You deserve someone who respect your love." Sanyukta walked closer to her but when Arianna looked up there was only hatred in her eyes. All hatred only for sanyukta.

"Stay away from me and my king." Arianna warned with deadly voice and sanyukta gently back off.

Sanyukta decided to leave to room but a voice behind her said. ...

"I admit I'm a whore. But I'm not the only one in this room. "

********

Randhir was full of anger. He always knew he wasn't made for love. He knew he can't do love. He knew this from ages. But why does it feel so wrong now. Years before it was like a boon to not get into complicated stuff like love because he had seen people getting destroyed by it. Not getting in love was like his strength. But what happen today was weird.  He almost felt like he is admitting something which he can't do. His weakness. His incapability.

He sat down at his throne in the empty court room.

"Maybe it's not like I don't do love. It's more like I can't do love."

"I was hiding this truth from myself. I thought maybe I'm saving myself from complicated relationship but today when I say those words I realise I want to do love. I just can't. I just can't do love..."

He took the sip from his glass. The red cool liquid slid down his throat but it didn't clear up his mind.

"Maybe I shouldn't do love at all.  I'm not made for it."

Another sip.

***

Randhir was on his bed when some maid came to wake him up.

"You know you can be dead for interrupting my sleep" randhir pulled out a dagger from his pillow.

But the maid look already very scared.

"What happened? " he asked.

"Arianna is hurt and ...."

"And" randhir lift his brow and waited for some more important news to barter his peaceful sleep.  Because he is going to kill if this was the news.

"Sanyukta is missing. " was all he need to hear before he jumped out of the bed.

Thank you so much.

Please vote vote and vote

Suggestions and criticism both are welcome.

Not giving excuses but I'm sorry. I had exams 😶😶