63.

My back was in a very uncomfortable position as Asher tried to get a proper hold on me. The dagger was still hovering over my cheek while I struggle to get out of his grip.

"Don't. You. Dare." Aarav voice was stern as he warned Asher from his eyes. My movements slow down by seeing the dominance in his voice even he was not saying that to me.

I felt Asher stop moving and hold me tightly.

But this time I knew the trick. I swing my arm back hard and it made him jerk back with a umph. I didn't take more second to bite him wrist to let him go of the knife but he didn't loose his grip. His other hand made his way to my hairs but before he could let his finger grip my hairs, I was snatched from his arms.

Aarav swung me around him until I'm  partially hidden behind him. I had to clutch his coat to get on my tip toes so I can look over his shoulder.

Asher was panting with anger.

"I'm not scared of you." Asher spat to Aarav.

"But you should be." Aarav stated resting his both hands into his pockets.

How he is so relaxed? Punch him, pull out your dagger, do something.

The look in Asher eyes made me shudder. But I can bet the look in Aarav eyes is dangerous too. I am glad I don't see that.

"Who helped you get inside?" Aarav enquired Asher taking a step toward him. Me following him closely.

Asher gulped.

"Everyone is aware that all guests had been checked for weapon before entering the palace." Asher was busted. "So tell me truthfully who helped you sneak in?" Aarav asked.

Asher open his mouth to say something before we heard a voice behind us.

"What's going on here?" It's was the Queen. When we all turn around to look at her, she glared hatefully at me. Aarav must have noticed that because he coughed a little step closer to me. The Queen blinked and then looked at Asher.

Her eyes widened before she get raged.

"Who is he?" Queen asked. I noticed her glaring hard at Asher.

Do they know each other already?

"He tried hurting her." Aarav told on my behalf and turn to Asher. He still hold the dagger firmly in his hand but it was of no use now.

The guards who came behind Queen took queen order to imprison Asher.

Asher left but not before giving me a death glare. A promising come back for revenge.

"I apologise if I'm to be blamed for spoiling your celebration." I mutter looking away. The queen clenched her jaw.

"I was happen to be here before the bad timing." Aarav clear the atmosphere a little but the queen didn't looked away from me.

"I can tell where all the trouble has been coming from." I knew she was talking about me. " And I must assume that you have appreciated the king's efforts like a well mannered pupil." She faked a smile a me.

King?

Holy Angels.

"I..I'm.... grateful for your help." I look up at the king.. "your majesty." I added.

Aarav nodded before he smiled genuinely. "No need for such formalities please."

"Such a kind king you are." The queen sings.

"I'm just a nice guest." Aarav smiled.

"Where is your brother who was supposed to take care of you?" Her question was direct towards me.

"I can take care of myself." Did I sound rude. "Your highness." I added.

"I hope you don't mind if we both join back the celebrations. Wish you get well soon." The queen told me before motion Aarav to follow her.

I just stand there, hugging my arms.

I should not be here.

Aarav took two steps before he turn back to me.

"I think I would like to make sure she had been treated properly." His voice was warm. "And please, I would keep a beautiful host away from her celebrations." He smiled at queen.

In my words, he said leave.

The Queen fake smiled before she gave a look to me from her eyes, leaving us alone.

It was peaceful to see toxicity going away from you.

I sigh.

"You are bleeding." I jumped a little at how close he was standing to me.

"I will be fine." I whispered turning away but he said.

"Allow me." He put his hand forward, palm up.

I bite my cheek hesitating a little before joining our palms.

We both walked hand in hand inside the palace.

Most of the time I remember being dragged by Randhir with his firm hold on my arm or palm.

It's different.

But why I'm comparing them?

I shook my head when I notice Aarav ordering for medical kit. Right after it we entered in an unfamiliar room.

My eyes look frantically around to take some clue. His clothes and footwear let me know that it's the room given to him for his stay.

He let go of my hand when we reach to the edge of bed.

"Make yourself comfortable please."

He. Is. So. Polite.

My inside turned gooshy...

A guard enter and handed medical kit to Aarav.

He walked back to me and place the kit on the bed.

"Would you like to sit down?" He looked down at me.

Inching back a little I claim a corner of bed. As he lowered down on his knees a gush of his scent waded in my nose and gosh it was alluring.

Taking a deep breath and inhaling the scent I lick my lips.

His eyes were totally focused to the cut of my neck.

"This might hurt a little." He warned before dabbing the cotton on the blood.

I didn't winced. It's didn't hurt that bad. He is treating me so cautiously. Almost like a flower.

Few seconds passed as he treat my wound. He was so engrossed in his task that he didn't noticed he was leaning in. Even I too noticed that when I almost feel his hot breath on my neck.

Suddenly he stop his movements. I lower my lashes to found him looking up at me. Into my eyes.

He noticed him gulp before he said

"You are beautiful." His eyes drop down to my lips.

I felt the energy shift in my veins.

He inch closer till his lips reached my jaw almost. They hover over there.

It was me who broke out of the spell first.

"I..I'm fine now." I turn away. I almost felt bad when he blinked furiously and get back on his feet.

But when I thought he was about to leave, he snaked a palm under my ear and his finger massage my hairs at the back.

I had to tilt my head up to take a look at him.

He was breathing hard before he close his eyes for a moment.

"I want to apologise if I made you feel uncomfortable in any way." He moved his thumb.

I licked my dry lips before thinking what to say.

But before I could say anything.

Somebody burst into the room, before his dark eyes frantically search the room until it landed on me.

Then suddenly his eyes stoned as he asked

"What's going on here?"