Chapter 3 : Deep Inside

Upon their rise to stardom, the responsibilities and expectations rose up too. Bright who has always been timid and an introvert, needed to adjust to his status, same as Win who grew up sheltered being a son of a business tycoon.

"What made you decide joining showbiz?", the host asked Win, as they are being interviewed for their on-going series.

He looked at his P'Bright as if asking for guidance in answering the questions. Bright nodded to him, observing him closely.

"It's just something I wanted to try since I was a kid. I like dancing but I don't have talent for it so my mom introduced me to a dance instructor. Then the instructor suggested if I want to try showbiz, that's how I came to be.", he answered timidly.

"I didn't expect that the feedback would be this huge. It still is not fully sinking in.", he added.

Bright smiled at him, giving him an approving gaze.

"How does it feel that you have finally reached to this point after years of being in the industry?", the host asked Bright this time.

"I'm just thankful. First to the fans who supported me from the start and the fans who just recognized us and began supporting us. Also to my mom who sacrificed everything for me despite the hardships in life, she always put my well being first. And I'm most thankful for my Nong Win for walking beside me now.. We are learning and adjusting together.", he answered politely. In his eyes can be seen a genuine gratitude.

Win feels touched at his P's words but he kept it to himself as usual. He just smiled and nodded to his P'Bright as an acknowledgement to his statement.

A few more questions followed after before the interview ended.

"P'Bright! Wanna hang out in the studio for a while? Or let's have dinner first?", Win asked his senior who was walking beside him, his eyes are sparkling as usual, smiling brightly at his P'

They are now on the way to the parking area where their managers are waiting for them. Bright turned to look at his junior.

"Sorry, bro. I'm already tired. Maybe next time?", he answered, giving Win a pat on his shoulder.

"Ah, okay.", the young lad uttered, feeling a bit disappointed.

Bright walked away and went ahead, leaving Win behind.

With a heavy heart, he followed his Phi to where their cars are parked.

"Hey, babe!", a woman wearing a peach sleeveless A-line dress greeted Bright. She rushed towards him, wrapping her arms around Bright's neck, kissing him on the lips. Bright wrapped his arms around the woman's waist and kisses her back.

"Dinner?", Bright asked his girlfriend afterwards which the woman replied to with a nod and a sweet smile.

The tall handsome man led her girl into the passengers' seat then he followed after, sitting beside her. He instructed the driver to start the car and where to take them then glances at Win before closing the door as the car started. The junior just waved at his Phi, suppressing the gloom he is feeling inside.

He followed his beloved man with his gaze as the car which carries Bright and his girlfriend slowly fades in his sight.

Win smiled bitterly as he took a deep breath, pacifying his emotions then slowly got in his car where his manager and his driver are already waiting.

"I thought it was just a little crush.. But as the years went by. I don't think this is just puppy love anymore.", he thought to himself, leaning his head on the car seat's headrest.

His tears are starting to well up as he remembered how excited Bright was when he met Nevvy 3 years ago.

"Bro! You gotta help me. She is so beautiful. I can't speak whenever I try to talk to her.", Bright exclaimed one day after meeting Nevvy in one of their gigs.

Win was there to cheer for them even though he doesn't know how to play any instruments, or knows how to sing. He is always present in every events or gigs where his P'Bright is. He was always energetic and brings positive vibe for everyone, especially for his P'. Just being there for him makes his heart full. Until that day. It began a daily struggle to face his P' with the same energy and cheerful smile while he is slowly dying inside whenever he is being brushed aside.

"No matter how much I make him laugh until his stomach hurts

"No matter how much I make him laugh until his stomach hurts.. I can never be that one who makes him smile coming from the heart...", he uttered to himself, wiping his tears away.