Chapter 36 : Peace

The silence of the night dominates the warm and cozy room full of mostly sweet memories. New glances at his partner who is now peacefully sleeping on their bed. He brought Tay home with the help of their friends. His mind is drifting afar.

"New, I don't know what is going on between you and Tay right now.. But before you come into any conclusion, I want you to consider this. Tay once said, he would never break up with you. He also avoided Joss. It was coincidental that Joss was in the bar earlier. I think, Tay got drunk while waiting for you. I saw how sad he was sitting alone holding those bottle of beers at the table. Talk it out with him. He is a good person. No matter what you decide on, I hope for your happiness.", his P'Off said when he helped him get Tay inside the car.

He took off Tay's clothes and cleaned him up.

He then sat beside him, watching his lover closely in his deep slumber. He is already exhausted but his chest is still feeling heavy. The sight of Tay kissing Joss keeps flashing back in his head. Seeing your beloved in the arms of someone else is painful. Though his P'Off said earlier was a coincident, how would he feel about the previous incident?

"Was I wrong to trust you that much? Why can't you just tell me why it happened?", he whispered while gazing at his partner.

"We've only been apart because of our work schedules. But it seems like we've been apart more than that.", he uttered, feeling heavier in his heart.

"My heart longs for you even so. Even more as time passes by. I've never felt this deep before. I only want you and nothing more.. Please hold on to me and never let me go. You are the reason for my trying to be a better person. I want to keep you by my side forever and more.", he continued, caressing his lover's cheek.

"I love you so much, Tay." he whispered, planting a kiss on the latter's forehead a tear fell down his cheek.

He switched off the bedside lamp then laid down beside him, trying to put his mind at ease.

As he closes his eyes and drifted to sleep, a decision was made which made him finally at peace.

Meanwhile.

Off is bringing Gun to his home. Gun can handle himself more than the tall handsome lad when it comes to drinking liqour. Off is already tipsy while the little guy is just chilling, still rocking to a loud music they were playing in his car. They haven't drank much though so they are still fine.

"Babe, turn the music off. My head is spinning already.", he softly scolded his partner.

Gun didn't hear what he said and continued head banging in sync with the tune. Off then hit the break to slow down, just then his heart began to race upon realizing something is amiss. He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself, focusing on the road. He reached for the car stereo and lowered the volume down.

"Eh? Why did you turn the music down?", Gun protested.

Off just glances at his partner beside him, giving him a warm smile.

"I just want to talk to you.", he said.

"Okay..?", Gun replied, pouting.

"Remember when I first met you?", he asked, his eyes focusing on the road.

"Hmm.. You ignored me.", the little guy responded, a hint of sulking is in his voice.

"Yeah.", the tall guy, replied chuckling.

"You know why I acted that way?", he asked.

"Cause you don't like me?", the little guy asked back.

"No.", he said, reaching out for Gun's hand.

The little guy looks puzzled, staring at his partner's hand but he accepted it anyway.

"It was because right there and then, I already knew you are someone special. I didn't know how to express it. You were so gorgeous that I froze upon seeing you up close.", he said with all sincerity.

He then brought Gun's hand to his lips, fondly gazing at him, his other hand is in the steering wheel.

"Papii..!", Gun called out to his partner, feeling flustered at his gesture.

"Why so cheesy all of a sudden?", he asked.

"Do you trust me?", Off asked instead, shifting his gaze back at the road. They are approaching a sharp curve.

"Papii, slow down.", Gun said as he notices that they are not slowing down despite the curvy street ahead.

"Do you trust me?", Off asked again in a calm but determined voice.

"What does have to do in the situation? Papii, slow the fucking car down!", he is almost shouting.

"I'll ask you one last time. Do you trust me?", Off asked again, unfazed.

"Yes! Yes! I trust you! Please slow down.", the little guy answered starting to panic.

"Fix your seatbelt properly.", the tall guy said as he turned the wheel along with the curve.

The time seemed moving in a slow motion as a flash of light and a loud honking sound from an another car approaching them, made almost both of them deaf.

Gun's eyes widened in shock, automatically looking at his partner, finally realizing what is going on. They don't have a break! Off looks calm and is also looking at Gun, reaching out his arm to the little guy, protecting his beloved babii's head with his hand.

 They don't have a break! Off looks calm and is also looking at Gun, reaching out his arm to the little guy, protecting his beloved babii's head with his hand

"I love you, shorty.", he uttered as their car went straight ahead the grassy area, crashing into a huge tree a few meters away from the main road. A screeching sound echoed in the middle of the night, as both Off and Gun's consciousness slowly faded.