Chapter 14 : Old Flame

There were rumours circling around the social media of TayNew's 'ship' sinking. Especially that New has been paired up with a female in an another company. Well.. Who can blame them? Fans seldom see Tay and New together and the 'freelance' status of New isn't helping too.

"P'Tay, what can you say about the rumours of 'TayNew sinking'?", one of the fans asked the handsome actor while on his way to enter GNN building.

The fans who are waiting for the actors to leave and enter the premises were handing out gifts and greetings to whoever passes their way. This time, they cornered Tay since some are actually worried about their tandem.

Tay forced a smile, a little bothered about the issue himself. He remembered what he and New has agreed upon.

"Why would you think that?", he asked.

"Well.. We don't see TayNew moments lately and P'New is paired up with someone else from another company. Did you two split up?", another fan asked, looking sad.

Tay shook his head, waving his hand in mid air.

"Not because you don't see it, means it's not there.", he mysteriously uttered.

The fans screamed, feeling giddy at what Tay is trying to insinuate.

"Does it mean your ship is still sailing?", another one from the crowd asked in a suppressed squealing voice.

The handsome lad smiled and bit his lip, pacifying himself to say anything more to avoid conflict for his partner.

"Just trust in our ship..", he confidently said as he waved goodbye to everyone and rushed inside the building, leaving the screaming fans who are very much satisfied at his statement.

", he confidently said as he waved goodbye to everyone and rushed inside the building, leaving the screaming fans who are very much satisfied at his statement

There were a lot of artists passing to and fro every office, minding their own business. Mostly are greeting him or wai'ng to him in the hallway. He is one of the famous artists of GNN after all. Despite the chaotic scene in the company, he is starting to feel empty inside. Though he and New are living together, he sometimes misses having to go to work together with his partner and not worrying that someone might see them travelling or hanging out together. He closes his eyes and shook his head, brushing that feeling of emptiness away.

"Boy! Being adult is tiring.", he uttered, not realizing he said it out too loud.

A pat on his shoulder startled him.

"You just realized that?", Joss spoke out of nowhere, chuckling.

"O-oh!", he stuttered in surprise.

Joss laughed at his reaction.

"You're still jumpy like before.", the tall bulky handsome man teased him.

Joss was one of his previous partners before he got permanently paired up with New. Although the man is super hot and sexy too, he didn't feel any attraction towards him. He is significant though because Joss was his first male partner.

"How are you? Haven't seen you for a while.", Joss asked the dazed Tay.

"Oh.. I-I'm alright. What about you? Where have you been?", he finally responded, composing himself again.

"Ah.. Just got back from a project abroad. You haven't even noticed I left, huh?", the tall bulky guy replied, pouting his lips and sulking.

"Heh.. Sorry. I was too busy lately I don't have time to think of anything other than work.", the dashing actor responded, chuckling awkwardly.

"It's understandable. Hey! You're the versatile Tay Tawan after all.", Joss retorted, teasing.

"Aww.. Shaddup. I'm just a local actor. Unlike, the international actor Joss Way-R.", he teased back.

"Come on. It's just an indi film. It's not like Hollywood.", the bulky handsome man retorted, rolling his eyes, laughing.

"Okay, okay. Enough flattering. I'll go ahead. See you around, bro.", Tay uttered, patting Joss on his arm as he turns to leave.

Joss caught Tay's wrist making the latter turn to look at the tall guy.

"Maybe we can grab a coffee later?", he said, gazing into Tay's eyes.

"Uhm..", he looked at Joss' hand which is still firmly holding him, suddenly feeling awkward.

The latter immediately let Tay's wrist go, seeing how it made the latter uncomfortable.

"I.. I mean, y-you know? To catch up?", he said, massaging his nape, looking shy.

Tay avoided Joss' gaze and tried to compose himself.

"I don't think I can. I have a busy schedule today.", he declined.

"Oh. Right. Maybe some other time then.", Joss agreed, looking disappointed.

"Hmm..", Tay just nodded, then waved goodbye again, leaving the handsome tall guy.

While Joss follows Tay with his gaze, putting on a lonely smile.

"Will you notice me this time?"