Chapter 29 : Withering Heart

Gun eagerly greeted his friend whom he hasn't seen for 6 months. It sounded short but he feels that a lot has happened already.

"Why didn't you let us fetch you at the airport last night?", he asked, looking intently at the dashing man in front of him.

"Heh.. As much as possible I want to come back discreetly. You know how the paparazzis are.", Singto replied, looking handsome as ever. He sat down on the empty chair in front of Gun.

"Yeah. And your fans too. You've  been missed, you know?", the little guy said, watching closely at his friend.

Singto just smiled, biting his lip.

"I know. And I've missed everyone too.", he timidly replied.

"Yeah, sure. I know who you misses the most. I'm surprised you're still not running back to him.", Gun retorted, teasing his friend.

Singto chuckeld awkwardly at the little guy.

"It's been a while since we talked. I'm kinda feeling nervous facing him.", he said.

"Silly.. He's been waiting for you. You are all he has been thinking of while you were gone. You should go and show yourself right away. I'm sure he will be very happy to see you.", Gun encouraged Singto.

Singto just nodded, huffing and puffing, seemingly trying to gather his courage.

"After everything he has been through 'cause of me, I feel ashamed to just show up like that.", he said, more like talking to himself.

Gun shook his head, scoffing at his friend.

"Since when did you become a coward Lion?", he retorted.

"Besides.. You've endured a lot too. You kept asking me to check on him and sends him support in every shows or events he does despite your busy schedule. I don't know how you two withstood not communicating at all. But you two are still connected somehow. When he got sick, you were sick too. When he cries, you call me up right after like you sensed that he thinks about you. You two are both idiots, in my opinion.", Gun reprimanded Singto, rolling his eyes upon remembering how Singto calls him up and sounding like he was crying.

Singto rubbed his nape, feeling embarrassed, suppressing an awkward laugh.

"Thank you for watching over him all these time, Gungun.", he said afterwards, reaching out for Gun's hand and gently presses it.

"No problem. I am always here to help.", the little guy replied, putting his other hand over Singto's, smiling warmly.

"Welcome back, Khun Prachaya."

Meanwhile, at the other part of the city

Meanwhile, at the other part of the city. Krist is spending his evening in a bar. Staring at the card which was sent to him together with the bouquet of roses.

"I will love you until the last petal of these roses wither..", he read once more. He have been reading this over and over since he received it. It's painful to think that Singto's love for him withers as fast as those flowers.

"Does it mean he is getting over me now?", he asked to himself, drinking the rum in his glass.

"Well, damn! What a sweet way to indicate total break up.", he uttered in a groggy voice, emptying his glass to the last drop.

He wanted to rip the card to pieces but even in his drunk state, he can't bear to throw the last thing he received from his beloved man away even though it symbolizes the end of their relationship.

"Barthender, one more round, please.", he ordered in a drunk voice.

The bartender poured another glass of rum for him and he shot it in one go. Not long after, his head began spinning, everything looks hazy, he couldn't get up from the stool he was sitting on. He gave up trying so he rested his head on the bar counter and slowly fell asleep.

His consciousness is drifting back and forth. He feels like he is floating in the air. He tried to open his eyes but he is too drunk to do it. Even in his drunk self, he can still see his P'Sing's face, gazing at him lovingly.

"Enough Krist Perawat! Stop thinking of that stupid guy who compares his love for you with a plant! When have I become a flower? If I'm a plant, then I'm a bush who doesn't grow flowers. Then there's nothing to wither.", he blabbered, laughing at his silliness.

"Should I plant myself in a pot too and grow roots? Stupid! Stupid! Dumb!", he kept on blabbering.

"Hey, language!", the voice echoed in his head. He can even hear his P'Sing reprimanding him whenever he cusses.

He tried to open his eyes again and his sight is still hazy, he can see his P'Sing's silhouette.

"Damn! Leave me alone, Singto Prachaya!", he shouted in a drunk voice.

"Let me rest even in my dreams! Are you a ghost? Why do you keep haunting me even in my dreams? Are you dead? I didn't kill you.", he uttered and then went silent after.

Finally falling asleep in  Singto's arms