Chapter 10 : Surprises

A couple of days have passed.

"Khun Singto.. Have you talked to Krist about the contract?", P'Godji, on the phone, asked the dashing actor who is currently on a break at his fanmeet.

"Hmm.. No, P'. What about it?", he asked curiously.

"Well.. He brought his contract back without signing it. He doesn't want to push through the project.", the lady boss replied.

"Oh? Why is that?", he asked out loud.

"Don't know. That's why I'm asking you now. You're always together and I assumed you talk about these things.", she responded.

"No, P'. He didn't tell me anything.", Singto answered, looking puzzled.

He heard a faint sigh from the other end of the line.

"Anyway.. I'll talk to him when I see him. Gotta go now. The show is about to start. Bye, Phi.", he excused himself.

"Okay. Good luck!", he heard from the other end of the line before it ended.

He is clueless at what is going on in his partner's head. He remembered how Krist suddenly became quiet after that night they went out with their friends.

"Kit..", he uttered to himself, his heart felt heavy, worrying about his lover.

The handsome lad brushed his confusion aside for a while and tried to focus on his show.

He took a deep breath and puffed a big sigh before going on the stage to continue the show.

It was starting to get dark when he arrived at their condo. The room is quiet and dark too. He reached out for the light's switch, thinking that Krist isn't home yet.

"Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday.. Happy Birthday.. Happy Birthday, Tuan..", Krist sang happily as soon as the room was filled with light.

The handsome Krist is standing at the center of the living room, holding a cake with a candle on top of it and widely smiling at him.

Singto was touched at his partner's little surprise. He looked around and the room was filled with balloons both floating and lying on the floor. Pictures were place on some of the floating balloons' strings. He blew the candle then gave his partner a hug.

"Happy Birthday, Khun Prachaya

"Happy Birthday, Khun Prachaya..", Krist warmly greeted him.

"Thank you, Kit..", he replied, smiling warmly at his lover.

"Isn't this early for a celebration?", he asked.

"Yeah.. I just want to greet you ahead of everyone else. Tomorrow everybody will be greeting you and you will be tired with all the events that's going to happen. Besides, I've always been the last to greet you these past couple years. A little change might be better.", Krist explained.

"Hmm.. Sounds like you've really thought this through, huh?", Singto teases.

They walked towards the dining area and placed the cake on the table along with a few dishes which was neatly placed accordingly.

"Oh! You've prepared a lot of food too. Can we eat all these?", Singto asked.

"Heh.. I might have went over board on the food preparation.", Krist grinned, realizing there are too many food on the table.

"Ah! I know!", he exclaimed, pointing his finger up on the air like having a light bulb moment then looked at his P'.

"Is it ok if we invite some of our friends?", he asked.

Singto just shrugged off, sat down on the table, poking the icing of the cake then licks it.

"Kk. I'll call the gang.", the cutie guy said as he picks up his phone to start calling.

"Hold on, Kit..", Singto suddenly grabbed Krist's hand, stopping him on what he was about to do.

The lad looked at his Phi, looking puzzled.

"Never mind. Let's just spend this day together. There's always a chance to celebrate with them.", he said.

Krist nodded then sat beside his partner's chair, placing the phone on the table.

They shared what was on the table, Krist serving his partner food on his plate, occasionally feeding his partner. Singto just watches his beloved man, enjoying every moment with him.

"I couldn't ask for more. Having you beside me is the best thing.", he uttered out of the blue as he was fondly gazing at his lover.

Krist smiled at him, gazing back at his partner, placing his arm over Singto's shoulder.

"I could say the same thing..", he said, his eyes is sparkling.

His feelings for the man in front of him hasn't faded even a little.

"But..", Krist then lowered his eyes, his happy expression slowly changed into a conflicted one.

"Nothing lasts forever.", he uttered, his eyes suddenly welled up but tried to suppress it by biting his lip even harder.

Singto was alarmed at his Nong's sudden mood change. He knows there is something bugging his man but the pain he saw in his eyes is hard to bare.

"Hey.. What's wrong?", he asked, holding Krist's chin up trying to catch his gaze.

"Oh, god!", Krist exclaimed as his tears immediately fell as soon as he met Singto's gaze. He shifted his sight right away to hide his sorrow.

"Kit.. Tell me.. What's bugging you?", Singto asked, gazing intently at his beloved man.

Krist slowly turned around, putting on his brave face then forced a smile.

"I'm letting you go, Tuan.."