Chapter 27 : Keep An Eye

"P'Off.. May I ask you something?", Newwiee spoke from the other line.

Newwiee usually calls Off as P' when he wants to talk seriously or is going to ask a favor.

"Shoot.", Off responded, waiting for his little brother's question.

"Uhm.. Never mind.", Newwiee answered, sounding hesitant.

"Hey. You just called me P'. What's up?", the tall guy asked in an intimidating tone. His being a protective brother is emanating.

"Ah. Really it's nothing. I just want to check up on you.", Newwiee responded, feeling all the more hesitant to open up to his P', knowing how scary he can be when angered.

Off gave up asking, sighing.

"You aren't just checking up on me. You are checking up on Tay, isn't it?", he uttered in calmer tone.

New went silent for a moment then forced a laugh from the other line.

"Of course not! I just want to bug you. That's all.", he denied.

"Yeah, right. Suit yourself.", Off replied sarcastically.

"Heh.. Gotta go, bro. See yah around.", Newwiee ended the conversation.

"Hmkay.. Nong..", he stopped his half brother from hanging up the phone. There was no response but Off has not heard the end tone yet so he knows that New is still listening.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on your boyfriend.", Off uttered.

A few seconds of silence before Off heard the end tone.

Off sighed after, glancing at the crew where he and Gun will be taping for their show.

"Our guests are Tay and Joss.", Gun told his partner a moment later.

"Eh?", he responded, getting curious at why Joss is seemingly always popping up whenever Tay is around.

"What's the matter?", the little guy asked.

"Why did they suddenly change our guests?", Off asked back to his partner.

"Well.. Tay is originally one of the guests but Mild suddenly had an emergency. She called up the producer earlier then suggested that Joss can take her place.", Gun explained, clueless of the situation.

"Alaiwa?!", Off exclaimed in disbelief.

"Is there something wrong?", Gun asked.

"Nevermind.", he replied. He doesn't want to involve his partner in his suspicions.

Joss arrived shortly. The tall handsome bulky man greeted everyone in the set including Off and Gun.