Chapter 34 : Uncertain

"Hin... Are you coming home tonight?"

"Hin, are you still at work? Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Hin, did you have dinner? Don't forget to eat on time."

"Hin, are you avoiding me?"

"Hin, are we still okay?"

It has been 3 days since Newwiee left for work. He hasn't come home yet since then.

"Is he really too busy?", Tay thought to himself. Since Newwiee worked for an another agency, his schedule has been more unpredictable. There were days that he couldn't come home because of the location or the project should be done in a rush. Well, sometimes it happens with Tay and everyone else too. What is unusual is Newwiee not responding to his messages like he used to.

"I hope it's just that..", Tay uttered, staring at the lawn, watching the stars which are slowly appearing in the sky.

He let out a huge sigh, suppressing an arising negative thought.

Though Newwiee is always busy, he never ignores his partner's texts or calls. In fact, he was usually the first one to call or message Tay.

"Hin, I miss you..", he whispered. Just then, his phone rang. He immediately check if it was Newwiee whose calling but to his disappointment, it was his friend, Gun.

"Zup?", he answered the call.

"P'Tay! Come join us at the pub near PhiNong's. Krist is throwing a welcome party for Singto. Papii, Nong Bright, and Nong Win are already here too. Only you and New are missing.", Gun said from the other end.

Tay could here the loud music from the background. He is not in the mood to party but he does miss his friends too. Besides, this might be a good idea to take his mind off from worrying.

"Hmkay... I'll be there.", he agreed.

Meanwhile, at Newwiee's shoot

"Okay! That's a wrap, guys! Thank you for all your hardwork. Congrats, everyone!", the producer announcing the end of their taping for Newwiee's project. It's the last day of filming.

Everyone are cheering. Feeling both happy and sad. Happy because the work is done. Sad because they have to move on to the next project and work with a new set of people. Unless their rating gives a great feedback and they are going to do a second season with the same casts.

Anyhow, most of them are used to this kind of bitter sweet atmosphere every last day of filming.

"The gang is going out to celebrate. Are you coming?", Mint, his leading lady, approached him while he was about to pack up.

New glances at his phone, contemplating whether to give in or not. He knew Tay must be waiting for his reply and is already waiting for him at home. But he purposely avoided thinking of his partner and kept himself busy. The thought of Joss and Tay kissing is bugging him until now. He gave him a chance to explain but he lied. What else did he lie about? Also he found out that Joss and Tay were together that day when his P'Off brought Tay home.

Just then his phone rang and saw it was Off whose calling him.

"Bro, we are waiting for you. You must come. I'll send you the location.", Off said after he answered the call then hung up right away.

"He didn't even give me a chance to refuse.", he said to himself, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Nong Mint. I have something important to attend to. I need to go now.", he then said, glancing at the woman who was waiting for his response.

"Oh. Alright.", she said, looking disappointed, giving him a timid smile before turning leave.

He immediately fixed his things and asked his personal assistant to bring his luggage back home while he is heading to the address his P'Off sent him. It will take about a couple of hours of travel before he can reach the place.

The place is crowded, the flickering lights seemingly dances with the loud music at the bar where the GPS led New

He was about to send a text to his P'Off to inform them that he have arrived but a pair of men got his attention. At a dark corner of that place, the taller bulky man has cornered that very familiar shadow against the wall, kissing each other.

His heart races and he held his breath as he walks closer to confirm his gut feeling.

"TAY?!", he shouted, feeling numbed at the scene he just witnessed.