Chapter 40 : Last Petal

Krist just got back from his day's work. He slumped his body on the couch, massaging his temple, feeling a little exhausted.

"Gun has come back. -Tay"

The text message says when he checked his phone. He smiled warmly having seen the message.

"Thanks, God..", he whispered to himself, feeling relieved.

He was in that state when the door slowly opened. He automatically turned his gaze towards the entrance, smiling even more upon seeing who just entered.

"You looked like you're in a good mood.", Singto smiled back, happy to see his partner looking cheerful.

"Didn't you hear the good news? Gun is conscious now.", Krist replied with his glowing eyes.

"Yeah. I just read Tay's message too. If I didn't need to fix something about my internship, I would have stayed a little longer in the hospital.", the dashing man replied as he removes his shoes and approached his partner.

"I'm really glad that he is awake now.", he continued, sitting beside Krist on the couch.

Krist unconsciously pouted when he heard about the internship.

He wanted to ask when his P'Sing is leaving and how long will he be gone this time but he couldn't get courage to do so. He'd rather stay mum and just wait for whatever comes. Make the most out it while his partner is still here. He doesn't want to put pressure on his beloved man.

"A penny for your thought?", Singto asked when Krist became suddenly silent, looking at his Nong's expression.

Krist avoided his P'Sing's gaze, forcing a smile.

"N-nothing.", he uttered, moving away from his partner.

"Hmm... Nothing but your actions says otherwise.", Singto teases him, moving closer.

"It's really nothing.", Krist insisted, feeling flustered at how his P'Sing can easily read his thoughts, leaning away until he got cornered at the edge of the couch.

Singto chuckled seeing how his little turtle hasn't change his reactions whenever he teases him, specially how Krist easily turns red when shy.

"Fine. If you say so.", he said, smirking as he tussled his lover's hair.

"There's one thing I'm curious about though.", Krist suddenly remembered the bouquet of roses Singto sent him.

"What is it?", Singto asked back, loosening his necktie.

Krist glances at the flower vase where he carefully placed the huge bouquet of flowers weeks ago. He never forgets to water them and put solutions to keep it fresh the longest possible. It is slowly withering now though.

Singto followed Krist's gaze and saw the flowers.

"I see you've taken good care of my gift.", Singto grinned, teasing his partner again.

"Silly!", he retorted, rolling his eyes.

"What about it?", Singto asked, smirking.

Krist feels flustered again, fidgeting his fingers, his gaze staring down at his feet.

"You said in the card you sent t-that..", he stammered as he is trying to put the correct words together.

", he stammered as he is trying to put the correct words together

"Your love will only last until the last petal withers.", he finally said after taking a deep breath.

Singto chuckled, amused at his partner's shy expression.

"Don't laugh! It's been bugging me since I got that dang flowers!", Krist glared at his P'Sing, hiding his embarassment.

"Your words.", Singto reprimanded him, still looking amused.

"Sorry.", he said while pouting.

"Hmm.. I guess you didn't get my message properly.", the Lion answered mysteriously.

Krist furrowed his brows, trying to analyze if the message was a riddle.

"Is it a riddle from England?", he finally asked after a careful thought.

Singto laughed even more, pinching his lover's chin.

"Silly..", he said.

He then got up and walked towards the flower vase placed on the side table at the corner of the living room. He parted the bunch of flowers and picked out a long stemmed rose which still looks as fresh as the day it was sent to Krist.

Krist gazes at his partner in confusion. He then stood up and walks towards his partner, carefully studying the flower his P'Sing is holding, creasing his forehead.

Singto then put the flower in between his teeth, gently biting on the stem. He then wrapped his arms around Krist's waist as soon as the latter came closer. He took the flower from his mouth, gazing fondly into his lover's eyes.

"Silly, little Turtle. Your sulky nature prevents you from seeing my true intentions. I bet you didn't pay much attention to the flowers after reading the note.", he uttered in a serious voice as he handed the flower to Krist.

Krist's eyes widened when he realized what the flower actually is.

"Oh! It's an artificial flower!", he eclaimed, stupified at his slow wit.

Singto chuckled at his Nong's cute reaction.

"Understand now?", he asked, catching his lover's gaze.

Krist shyly looked back at Singto, nodding gently.

"I told you before.. The first time I confessed my feelings to you. I love you.. And I'll make you feel and understand that in everything I do.", Singto uttered with sincerity in his eyes.

Though Krist feels warm all over his body specially his face, he can't deny his feelings towards this man whose got him imprisoned in his arms.

"I'm not asking you to prove anything anymore. Your feelings has reached me clearly. And by now, I think you know how I feel about you too.", Krist replied with equal passion in his eyes.

"Hmm.. Sometimes I forget. Care to show me again?", Singto grinned, teasing his lover.

Krist smirked, wrapping his other arm around Singto's back, his other hand held onto Singto's nape as he closes the gap between them, reciprocating each other's undying love.

Of course. How can his P'Sing stop loving him when there is a specific flower in the bunch which will never wither?