Chapter 41 : Real Winner

Newwiee peeked in the private room occupied by Gun. The little guy has been moved out of the ICU and is now recovering.

His P'Off went out for a moment to get something to eat cause he wants Gun to have something fresh to eat. Something not provided by the hospital.

Gun is peacefully resting but slowly opened his eyes when he felt movements beside him.

"Oh. Sorry. Did I wake you up?", the bulky lad apologetically smiled at the little guy.

"It's fine. I have enough sleep already.", he replied, slowly trying to get up.

Newwiee immediately helped him up and guided him to lean on the headboard.

"P'Off went out to get you something to eat. Do you want me to peel an orange for you while waiting?", he asked afterwards, glancing at the fruit basket on the bedside table.

"No, it's alright. I'm not that hungry yet.", the little guy refused, smiling weakly.

"Alright.", he responded as he sat down beside him.

He then took out his phone trying to find something to play with to occupy his attention.

"How are you?", Gun asked after a few moment.

"Hmm.. I'm fine.", he replied without glancing at the little guy, focusing on his game.

"How about Tay? Are you two alright?", Gun asked again.

New suddenly felt uneasy upon the mention of his partner's name. He doesn't know what to say. They haven't been talking much lately. It is like an invisible wall between has been slowly forming and neither one of them are willing to break it.

He unconsciously let out a faint sigh, glancing at his friend.

"We're okay, I guess.", he replied but unsure.

Gun sensed the awkwardness in Newwiee's voice thus he stared at him in a probing manner.

"Are you two still having a misunderstanding?", he asked.

Newwiee didn't respond and avoided Gun's quiry.

Gun smiled warmly and went silent for a while. He didn't want to probe further as he doesn't want to overstep.

"I just feel that we are in a different zone. I don't think he loves me as much as I love him.", New uttered afterwards.

Gun creased his forehead, puzzled at Newwiee's words.

"How do you say so?", he asked.

"I don't know.", New replied.

"I just feel that he isn't willing to compromise as much as I do.", he continued, feeling heavy in his chest.

"Why do you think that?", Gun asked again, even more confused.

"Well.. It was always I who claims that we are together. He never spoke about us in public. And somehow... I feel like I was just the one assuming that our feelings are mutual.", he finally uttered what has been bugging his mind.

Gun waved his hand as if telling Newwiee to stop.

"You two really has to talk it out. It seemed that you really misunderstood him.", the little guy uttered, suppressing a chuckle.

Newwiee furrowed his brows. Now he is the one puzzled.

"What do you mean? Do you know something I don't?", Newwiee asked in confusion.

"Well.. I know that you two had a bet.", Gun said while smiling warmly.

Newwiee suddenly felt embarrassed, feeling hot in his ears and cheeks.

"Y-yeah. And I lost to him.", he replied, avoiding Gun's gaze.

"Silly.", the small guy chuckled.

The bulky lad, pretended to scratch his forehead to hide his blushing face.

"I don't know who won but I know he loves you too. Maybe more than you can think of.", Gun continued mysteriously.

"Tay has always been careful with his actions. Everything has to be well calculated and perfect. You know that, right? He is known for being reserved though he is clumsy at times but he never makes decision without thinking it through. Everything he wants, he can get with proper timing and technic. The only time he jumped into something without thinking it through is when he choose to be with you. This was the only time he let himself vulnerable and is willing to give his all. Your bet 3 years ago about who will fall first, he had already prepared everything. He even booked a ticket to leave the country. He also drafted a contract, stating that he would like to recommend you as his replacement for his pending projects. If you had been stubborn and didn't reciprocate his feelings, he would have been long gone. Cause from the moment he laid his eyes on you that particular day when he captured your photos, you had already captured his heart.", Gun explained thoroughly.

Newwiee is just staring at him in a daze, his tears are starting to form.

"Well, that was what he told me the day before we left the house where the six of us stayed 3 years ago

"Well, that was what he told me the day before we left the house where the six of us stayed 3 years ago. He even handed me the contract in case he really had to leave.", the small guy said, shrugging.

"That idiot! And he didn't tell me about it.", he said as he quickly wiped his tears which escaped from his eyes. He looked away to hide his embarrassing reaction.

The little guy just smiled warmly while gazing at his lover's step brother.

"I got you abalone soup and chicken soup. There's also beef stew and pork porridge.", Off suddenly entered the room with a high pitched voice, holding a pile of plastic bags full of food.

"Silly! With the amount of food you're giving him, he might moved back in the Intensive Care Unit after.", the bulky lad replied, teasing his hyperactive brother.

Gun chuckled at the siblings' exchange.

"Welp! I'm leaving you two love birds. I have an important matter to attend to.", Newwiee excused himself after.

Gun smiled while Off nodded at him. He exited the room and began to walk away.

His steps as fast as his heart beats, thinking of what Gun has revealed, his body seems to float in exhilaration.

"You better be where you are, Khun Vihokratana! I've had enough of your mysteries!", he thought to himself, tightening his lips as he jumped in his car with a sure destination in his mind