Chapter 19 : Bond

"Has it been 5 months?", P'Godji asked Gun while they were having a lunch at their company canteen.

Gun, Off, Tay, and Krist are seated together with P'Godji and P'Jenny.

"Hmm? What do you mean, Mae?", the little guy asked P'Godji whom he calls 'mae', short term for 'mommy'.

"Since Singto left. Has it been more than 5 months already?", she asked again to no one particular.

"Yes, I think so.", Gun replied, trying to remember and count the days in his head since his ex partner has left for New Zealand.

"No wonder he called.", P'Godji responded after swallowing her food.

Krist who was listening silently, glances at their lady boss who treats them like a family. Though he acts like he is uninterested, deep down, he wants to know more. The latter drank her water and pauses, clearing her throat.

Everyone in the table are almost gaping, anticipating of an update from their 'brother'.

P'Godji looked at everyone, acting puzzled, deliberately leaving the men hanging.

"Oi! Come on, P'! I'm waiting for the update too!", P'Jenny finally exclaimed.

The lady boss laughed at their reaction.

Krist stopped eating, losing his appetite after hearing his P'Sing's name.

"Okay. Fine.", she uttered after composing herself.

"He'll be coming back next week. He called up to confirm it.", she said, looking happy.

"Nice!", everyone cheered in unison except Krist.

Tay whose seating beside Krist, patted him on the shoulder as if telling him to cheer up too.

"Wait.. I thought it was a 2-year internship?", P'Jen butted in which made Off, Gun, and Tay halt their cheering.

"Alaiwa!? That long?", Off exclaimed, looking puzzled.

He glanced at Krist, raising his brow. The latter avoided his gaze, seemingly knowledgeable about the real situation of Singto's internship.

"Well.. Yeah. I think, he is just coming for a month vacation or something. We will find out when he comes back.", P'Godji explained.

"No wonder why someone was almost killing himself in depression.", Off uttered sarcastically.

Gun nudged his partner's side to pacify him, glaring at the tall handsome guy.

Krist just smiled timidly then excused himself.

"I'll go ahead, guys. I have to go back to rehearsal.", he said, wai'ng at everyone on the table.

P'Godji and P'Jenny nodded, suddenly feeling an awkward atmosphere.

"O-okay. Susu na, Nong Kit..", she said, smiling.

"Oi! We're both going to that rehearsal. Silly, wait for us.", Off uttered, hurriedly finishing his food.

Tay and Gun did the same and immediately followed Krist back to the studio.

"Hey! Hey! Krist.. Wait up!", Tay called out to the sulking guy.

He caught up to him in the corridor going to the studio while Off and Gun were left behind, walking casually.

He put his arm over Krist's shoulder, looking at his junior while walking beside him.

"Aren't you glad he is coming back?", he asked.

Krist remained silent.

He stopped walking and looked at his friend who's trying to cheer him up.

"I don't know what to think, P'Tay..", he said in a low-spirited voice.

"He's coming back but he is going away again. It's like scraping the healing wound open again..", Krist uttered blankly.

"Boy! He is just away for a while. It's not like he's gonna be gone for good.", Tay retorted, feeling frustrated at Krist's uncertainty.

", Tay retorted, feeling frustrated at Krist's uncertainty

"2 years.", the young lad responded, glancing back at his friend.

"A lot could happen in a few days.", he said before turning away, leaving Tay puzzled and scratching his head.

Off and Gun caught up to the astonished man.

"What's up with Krist?", he asked the tall handsome guy, looking at Krist's direction.

Off just shrugged off.

"He is probably confused by now. Or still mourning over their separation.", Gun tried to explain.

"Then he shouldn't have broken up with him", Off answered back, shaking his head.

"In my opinion, I would do the same. Being away for so long brings a lot of doubts. Besides, it's just fair that both have freedom to choose whether to stay or move on. The strength of your bond even if you're not together will be tested during those times. If they are meant for each other, they will find their way back where they belong.", the beautiful man uttered.

"You would break up with me if I were to go away?", Off asked, raising his brow.

Gun didn't respond and just walked away to follow Krist instead.

"Alaiwa?! Is that even reasonable?", the tall handsome senior asked out loud, following Gun with his gaze.

"I don't know too.. I can't imagine myself breaking up with Hin..", Tay replied unconsciously, more like talking to himself.

Off patted Tay's shoulder, nodding.

"Good

"Good. At least, I know my little brother is in good hands.", he uttered, contented.

Both are staring into the hallway where Gun and Krist went.