Chapter 37 : Little Gun

"Ughh.. ", Off slowly opened his eyes, moaning weakly.

The place is still blurry in his sight. His head is ringing in pain, feeling some parts of his body are numb and those parts which has senses are mostly aching.

"Son.. My child..? How are you feeling?", a middle aged woman gently held Off's hand. Her eyes are welling up in tears.

"Thanks, God! You're finally awake!", she said, looking relieved.

The doctors who are currently examining him hurriedly checked his vitals.

Off is still feeling groggy. He slowly recognized the place he is in.

"Uhngg... What happened?", he weakly asked.

"You've been unconscious for a week. I-..", his mom replied, feeling emotional.

"I thought we are going to lose you..", she said, almost crying.

"His vital signs are steady now. Let's observe him for a few more days to make sure he is recovering fine.", the doctor interrupted after checking his pulse and other necessary measures.

"Thank you, doc.", Off's dad replied.

The man dressed in white bid goodbye then went out of his private room.

His eyes began to move around, familiarizing the place.

Just then Newwiee rushed in upon hearing the news that he have awoken.

"Hey, bro? How are you feeling?", his younger brother asked, looking worried as well.

Off creased his forehead, trying to remember who is the person in fron of him.

"Where am I? Why am I here?", he asked afterwards, still feeling dizzy.

"You scared the hell out of everyone. I thought..", New couldn't speak further, feeling choked up with emotions.

", New couldn't speak further, feeling choked up with emotions

"I'm so sorry.. I should have checked up on you. I should have made sure you were safe..", he continued, his tears are welling up.

Off watches the young lad with confusion, trying to understand what is going on.

"Gun.. H-he..", their mom held Newwiee's arm, seemingly stopping the latter to speak further.

He felt his chest feeling warm upon hearing the little guy's name. His name sounded so familiar that it awakened his interest.

"What happened to Gun?", Off asked. A sudden flashback of the incident came in his memory. He began to feel light headed as his sight starts to flicker. He just heard the name which seemed so important and he feels inexplicably anxious.

New bit his lip and avoided his P's gaze. He lowered his head as his tears finally fell down.

"It's my fault for not looking after you.. I'm so sorry..", New uttered in a remorseful tone.

"That's not what I want to hear..", he screamed in his head but he can't seem to open his mouth. He is staring blankly at his step brother but his head and his heart are in chaos. His heart feels so much which his mind can't remember fully well yet. He can't remember who Gun really is and his significance in his life. But his heart is aching for that unfamiliar person that his tears just automatically rolled down his eyes.

In his weak state, he tried to pull New's shirt, wanting to know what has happened to the mysterious man. His heart races, feeling heavy in his chest. He is now having a hard time to breath.

"Tell me! What happened to G--..", he wasn't able to finish his sentence as his consciousness began to fade again.

"Gun...", he weakly uttered, his face turned pale as he drifted into a limbo, feeling helpless.

", he weakly uttered, his face turned pale as he drifted into a limbo, feeling helpless

"Avoid giving him stress. Specially don't give negativities or bad news. It wouldn't be good for his condition. I've sedated him for now so he can rest a bit more.", a male voice echoed in his head as if he was dreaming.

"Okay, doc..", his dad's voice this time.

"I told you.. Don't mention Gun to him. He might not be able to take it. Let him rest.", he can hear his mom's voice echoing.

"How can I not tell him that the man saved his life? And now.. He is...", he heard Newwiee spoke, the voices seemed to echo farther away until he can't hear anything at all and everything has turned pitch black.

", he heard Newwiee spoke, the voices seemed to echo farther away until he can't hear anything at all and everything has turned pitch black

"Am I dead? Why can't I see anyone anymore? Why am I alone here? What happened to that guy? How is he? Who is he?", Off asked himself. He feels he is awake also seemingly in a dream. He couldn't hear anything or anyone except himself.

New watches his brother in his unconscious state once more. His heart is aching, feeling sorry for his P". All the more when he saw Off's tears slowly rolling down from both sides of his cheeks which made New cry even more.

He held his P'Off's hand as if trying to comfort him.

"You'll be alright, P'.. We will get through this. Hang on. We still need you.. Gun would also ask you to hang on if he was here. So please.. Be strong for us..", he whispered in between his subtle sobs, gently wiping his brother's tears whose now starting to look calm in his deep slumber.