Chapter 32 : Quit Playing

"Oh.", it's all he can say.

He doesn't know himself what to think or feel about the news. Though he feels sorry for his P'Bai.

"Sorry to hear that. How are you holding up?", he asked.

Bright just shrugged and didn't respond. Silence envelopes them.

Bright turned to look at the dim lighted lawn, seemingly in deep thoughts.

"I don't mean to pry but may I ask why she broke up with you?", Win reluctantly asked.

The older lad glances back at his Nong, thinking at how to answer Win's query.

"I mean, maybe you can still patch things up? Or just a misunderstanding? Or just needed to cool off?", Win added, trying to think of something to help out his P'.

Bright scoffs at his partner's explanation then shook his head. An idea came in his mind. He smirked then fixes himself.

He walked closer towards Win and stood tall in front him.

"Do you really want to give me away that bad?", he asked, gazing seriously into his partner's eyes.

Win creased his forehead, puzzled and at a loss for words.

"Earlier when you said you're done chasing after someone? All these time I've been thinking.. You were always by my side. You were always supporting me. You always encouraged me. I thought it was all because you treat me as your Phi. But then you began putting a wall between us when Nevvy and I started dating. After that night when you kissed me.. Everything adds up. At first, I thought it was impossible..", he paused, gazing intently at his Nong,

Win suddenly felt flustered. He can sense that his P'Bai is getting into something.

"W-what is?", he nervously asked his P', gazing intently back at him, trying to hide his flustered feeling.

Bright grinned then arched his brow.

"Tell me the truth.. All these time.. Everything that you did..", he paused again. Purposely teasing his partner.

Win is already holding his breath, anticipating for what Bright is trying to say.

"Is it because..", he continued, inching his way closer to Win.

"Oi, come on, P'! What do you mean?", he finally asked, feeling impatient.

"Is it because you wanted me to be your partner on-screen? Because you know? I'm handsome? And you're practicing your acting skills?", Bright said in a joking manner, suppressing his laughter but failed to do so.

Win couldn't bring himself to laugh at Bright's joke. Though he was nervous thinking that his partner has finally realized his hidden feelings for him, Win was dismayed at his P'Bright's conclusion.