Chapter 31 : Nuisance

"I'm not the one you want. Maybe there's no one you want by your side right now. I'm sorry if I just understand that now. Let's end it here. Thanks for everything.."

Bright is staring blankly into a blank space.

"Bro, you're up.", Frank patted Bright's shoulder, seeming that the handsome lad is zoning out.

They are on the set, taping for their series. He hasn't had a proper sleep the night before. The thought of Nevvy's last words keeps flashing back in his mind.

"Where's your head right now? Can you please focus?", the director reprimanded Bright.

They've been doing multiple takes for a scene where Bright is supposedly flirting with Win but he keeps forgetting his line.

"S-sorry, P'.", he apologized, bowing his head repeatedly.

Win approached the director and whispered something. The latter nodded, glancing at Bright then sighed.

"Alright. Let's take Mike and Toptap's scene first. Nong Bright, take a break. We will try again later. Run over your line with Nong Win while waiting for your turn.", the director instructed.

Bright nodded, feeling embarrassed for his failure. Win approached him, looking sympathetic.

"What's up, P'?", he asked

Bright just glanced at Win. He then picked up his scripts and sat down to read his lines again.

Win followed his partner and sat down beside Bright, observing his P' who looks unusually down.

"What did you just do?", Win uttered, looking serious.

Bright looked at his Nong, creasing his forehead, puzzled.

"Why the question?", he asked.

Win smiled at his partner, shaking his head.

"You really are not yourself right now.", he said.

Bright furrowed his brows, looking more puzzled.

"Come one, P'. I just delivered my line, it's your turn to respond. Director said we practice, right?", Win grinned, trying to ease the tension.

They haven't been speaking lately like they used to. He somehow feels bad for avoiding Bright.

"Oh, right.", Bright glances at his script and tried to read the lines out loud.