Chapter 44 : Ordinary Man

Win turned around and quickly wiped his tears away with the back of his palm. Bright saw Win's reaction so he walked closer towards his partner then gently grabbed his Nong's arm. Win slowly turned to face his P'Bai putting on a forced smile.

They are still performing. No matter how dejected he feels, the show must go on.

Bright smiled back, gently pinching Win's cheek. He then glanced at the crew behind the stage and locked eyes with Singto who was situated at the entrance waiting for Bright's signal. In just a second, Singto knew what the younger lad wants to do. He implored him earlier anyway. Singto nodded in acknowledgement then began speaking on his hand held walkie talkie to instruct the people in-charge of the lights and sounds.

Bright then turned his gaze back to Win, winking, which made the latter creased his forehead in confusion.

The lights began to focus on Bright, from dim slowly becoming bright. The music began to change again.

Win recognized the instrumental of the music. He often sees his P'Bright playing on his guitar while solemnly singing during their special episodes' shooting. He thought it was meant for Nevvy thus he leaves him alone whenever Bright is at this mood.

"I am not an elite with a money to spare.. No authority as a prince to display.. Only a heart to take you through tonight.. I am just a man who loves you dearly..", Bright began singing full of warmth, gazing fondly at Win, reaching out for his hand.

Win began to tear up again but tried his best to suppress his emotions.

He knows the lyrics of the song cause even though he didn't bother his P' during those times, he secretly watches and listens to him.

Before Bright could open his lips again to sing the next stanza, Win took the initiative to sing the next part.

"Embrace me.. Relax and close your eyes.. We will fly over the sea and land across the sky..", he sang, his lips are shaking with his overwhelming emotion, accepting his P'Bai's hand.

Bright hurriedly continued the song as he felt how flustered the latter was.

"Stars are shimmering.. This long night makes our hearts elating.. Let go of the loneliness.. Give your heart a rest.. Love will take the two of us away..", Bright began to tear up too as the meaning of the music engraved in his heart. He brought Win's hand to his lips and put a soft kiss on it. He then leaned closer as the instrumental continued playing.

 He then leaned closer as the instrumental continued playing

"Little Bunny.. This is my true feelings towards you.. Until now, I feel I don't deserve your love and affection.. But from now on.. I will do my best to be worthy of you. To be worthy to walk beside you.. I am just a simple person with a humble beginning. Even so.. I will be daring to try and fit in your world..", he sincerely soflty uttered.

Will you be my boyfriend?", Bright whispered so close to Win's ears which tickled the latter and made him turn to face him.

The tip of their nose touched each other and if not for the screaming and squealing crowd, Bright would have closed the thin gap between them. He almost forgot they are being watched by millions of people as of the moment.