Chapter 21 : Lie To Me

New stood tall in front of Tay, his hands are in his pocket. Tay couldn't look at his partner.

"Hin. W-what are you doing out here?", he asked, trying to act normal.

"I just arrived too. I saw that you were coming so I waited for you so we go in together.", New replied casually.

Tay's chest is pounding hard. He couldn't understand why he feels guilty and awkward.

"Oh. Okay. Let's go in?", he said, avoiding Newwiee's gaze, walking pass by his lover.

He could sense New gazing on his back. His hands are tensed he couldn't get the key in the keyhole.

Newwiee suddenly grabbed Tay's hand which made the latter turn his head to look at his partner.

"Are you alright?", Newwiee asked.

Their faces are so close together they can feel each other's breathing.

"Uh.. Yeah. I'm fine.", he answered, pulling away.

He let New opened the door. He is still in a daze.

"What are you gawking at?", Newwiee asked again.

"Ah. Right.", he said, rushing inside , trying to compose himself.

He slumped himself on the couch, feeling tired both mentally and physically.

New loosened his necktie, took off his belt, removed his shoes, then slipped off from his long sleeved polo shirt while Tay is unconsciously watching his partner's movement.

"Tay..", he called out to him.

"Hmm?", Tay responded.

"Take a shower first while I cook for dinner. You look tired.", the fair-skinned handsome man uttered, looking worried.

Tay didn't respond, feeling uninterested.

"Come on.. Move it..", Newwiee uttered again in a cooing voice, gently pulling Tay up.

Tay looked at his lover, feeling guilty. He tightened his grip on New's hand then pulled the bulky handsome man down instead which made the latter fall on his lap.

New chuckled, trying to get back his balance.

"Don't move.", Tay said, wrapping his arms around New's body, burying his face on his lover's shoulder.

"I'm going to prepare dinner silly. Let go.", New said in a soft voice.

"Don't.", Tay said against Newwiee's skin.

"You don't want me to cook?", the puzzled guy asked.

"Don't let go no matter what.", he responded, hugging his man tighter.

"I won't. As long as you want me beside you, I'll be your shadow who will follow you everywhere you go.", New said, now in a serious tone.

Tay went silent for a moment. Having a debate with himself.

"But for now... Let me go.", New uttered after a while.

New then slowly loosened Tay's arms around him and stood up. He looked down at his partner, crossing his arms over his chest.

Tay looked back at his lover, suddenly feeling nervous at what New had said.

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"I mean

"I mean.. I have to cook for dinner. Go take a shower and change your clothes, silly.", New uttered, grinning at him.

"Oh, good lord! I almost had a heart attack.", Tay exclaimed, feeling relieved.

"Why are you so tensed today? Gooo!", his partner said, chuckling before walking towards the kitchen.

Tay chuckled as well, shaking his head as he watches his beloved walk away.

They shared a light meal which Newwiee has prepared.

As they laid down on the bed that night, both were unusually silent. Especially Tay who is still unsettled.

Newwiee comfortably cuddled with Tay after switching off the lights, then seemingly has fallen asleep not long after. While Tay is still staring into the darkness, thinking of what happened between him and Joss earlier.

He tightly closed his eyes, trying to forget about it, then he unconsciously let out a big sigh.

"Tay..?", New suddenly spoke.

Tay was startled at his lover's voice.

"Yes, Hin?", he responded.

"Is there something you want to tell me?", Newwiee asked.

Tay went silent for a moment, contemplating whether to tell the truth or just keep it to himself.

"Hmm.. N-nothing.. ", he answered, finally deciding to hide the truth from his partner.

Newwiee went silent, turning his back from Tay.

"I trust you..", he whispered, biting his lip as he spoke.

His heart is aching as the sight of Tay and Joss kissing each other in the car while he was passing by earlier flashes back in his head.

"Good night, Hin..", he heard.

"G'night..", he replied.

", he replied