Chapter 16 : Hello Goodbye

6 AM, Saturday.

The handsome tall guy is already awake, despite his lack of sleep the night before for being excited for the morn.

He ate a light breakfast, then showered after and put on his soccer jersey. He has been checking his look at the life size mirror multiple times, making sure he looks good on his uniform.

He wisked on a little perfume and brushed his hair up, turning his face from side to side.

He then checked his phone, waiting for his P'Bai's text.

7:30 AM.

No message yet. He laid down his bed again still waiting for Bright's confirmation for their soccer 'date'.

Well, it must be a regular hang out day for Bright but Win feels like he is going on a date.

8:00 AM

Still no text from Bright.

"Should I call him? Is he awake now?", he asked himself.

He typed in a message.

"Morning, P'.. Should I pick you up?", the message said, he wants to send it but he doesn't want to come off as impatient.

He deleted the message.

"Hey, P'Bai! Soccer game today. Are you coming?", Win typed in another message.

He deleted it again.

"Come on, Metawin! Be patient. He must still be asleep. P'Bai is not a morning person.", he thought to himself.

9 AM.

He is drifting back to sleep. He put his phone down, pacifying himself to be over excited.

10 AM.

Win fell asleep, his body jerked as his phone vibrated on his chest. Still drowsy, he checked the message on his phone.

"Nong Win, I'm sorry. I'll be late for our game. Something came up. I'll try to catch up later. -Bright"

The message said.

Win's chest became heavy. Again.

He sighed then put his phone down, staring on the ceiling.

"Ahh! Whatever!", he exclaimed, trying to brush away the feeling of being ignored again.

"Well, he said he will just be late, right? So.. He might still come?", he cheered himself.

He got up and fixed himself.

"I'm going to the soccer field and play a game or two while waiting for P' then.", he thought to himself, taking a deep breath and recollecting his composure.

He left his condo and went on with his plan.

"Oi, bro! Glad to see you here

"Oi, bro! Glad to see you here. We are lacking one player. Care to join us?", Luke greeted Win as soon as he sees him entering the field. He points at the other players who are waiting for them to start.

Win agreed and joined them right away. Luke is his friend who also works as a model and actor in GNN.

A couple of hours have passed and they're finally got tired of playing. They won the match against their opponents but it was an overtime since they ended in a draw.

"Now I'm hungry. How about let's go for a meal?", the handsome model offered.

"Sure. I don't have anywhere to go after this anyway.", Win accepted.

They went to a restaurant nearby and ordered their separate dishes.

Win keeps checking his phone from time to time.

"You waiting for someone?", Luke finally asked after observing Win's restlessness.

"Ah. Just seeing if P'Bai is on his way to the field. He said he would play soccer with me later.", he explained.

"Eh? But I saw him earlier with his girlfriend

"Eh? But I saw him earlier with his girlfriend. They seemed to be on a date.", Luke replied, looking puzzled.

There was a sudden sadness in his heart but he suppressed it. He went silent after and focused on his food. He tried to eat as much as he can but the food wouldn't get in his throat. It feels like a huge lump is building up just above his chest.

He paused for a moment and took a deep breath, trying to ignore this heavy feeling.

"Hey, pal.. Gotta go. I remembered I have something to do at home.", he excused himself from Luke.

The latter looked up to him as he stood up, leaving his meal unfinished.

"Oh, alright. Have a good day, pal.", Luke replied, though doubt can be seen on his face, he let his friend go.

As he was driving home, he changed his mind and went to the Central Park in the city.

He sat down on bench and watched the happy couples and families passing by.

"I've been in this situation for too long.. I guess it's time to give up. Dreams can only last for a while.. It's time to wake up..", he thought to himself, looking at the sun at almost dawn.

His phone in his pocket vibrated, a text message from his P'Bright.

"Sorry, bro. I can't make it today. Got caught up in something important. Let's hangout next time. -Bright"

Win smiled bitterly as he deleted Bright's message.

He looked at the glimmering horizon and made up his mind.

"Thank you for making me fall in love for the first time

"Thank you for making me fall in love for the first time.. And for breaking my heart for the last time, P'Bright.."