1

Amity's POV;

Every year, he always appears at my birthday party.

I don't know his name.

I don't know what he looks like.

And I don't know if he's actually a witch.

The mask he wears covers his identity well and perfectly.

Every year, he did this until he stopped when I turned fifteen.

I'm not too close with my memories when I turned four did I finally spot him amongst the crowd walking alongside one of my friends.

They said they didn't know him and that they barely know him other than the fact that he asked Willow in a small dance after Boscha.

Nobody knows him. Not even my parents who had the ideas of him being someone trying to kill me at every birthday party.

I don't fear him, and I don't hate him.

I just don't know what he looks like at all.

Some call him the devil who comes to my birthdays every year, growing older like me.

Every year, he went to my birthdays and asked anybody it sees for a dance.

Every year for my birthday, my parents threw a ball.

Every year, I'd get excited to see him.

I'm curious about him.

I've even tried drawing what he could look like.

His smirk would be alluring whenever I spotted him doing so.

He continued to attend until I turned ten did he stop coming for three years.

I was a little worried about him. I didn't know why but I felt worried sick for three years.

Was I lovesick for three years? I wasn't sure.

"Hey, mittens."

I jumped out of my skin when the twins spoke behind me.

I growled at them.

"Woah, mittens! Didn't mean to scare you! You've been dozing off at the side here watching everyone on your birthday y'now." Ed said while scratching his head.

I frowned.

I don't despise or hate them too much, they can just be annoying.

"What's wrong?? Is something missing in your birthday this year? Mom and dad never miss a single detail in everything you want every year y'now." Em wondered when she leaned over my shoulder.

Keeping my arms crossed, I averted eye contact from them and watched witches from all types of rich and powerful families talk and eat and dance.

"Well, if you need any of your favorite brother and sister, we'll be over there on the dance floor, ok?" Ed said before escorting her twin over to a group of witches close their age.

Seriously, these idiots are up to picking up anyone they can dance with on my birthday again.

Sighing, I walked over to grab a drink.

Getting closer to one of the tables, I paused when a witch greeted me for my birthday.

"Thank you very much!" I replied back before walking again.

Standing by the table I grabbed a glass and played with the liquid inside slightly before savoring a taste.

As usual, juice. There's no way my parents would put out alcohol, even if it's for the adults y'now.