64

Luz's POV;

I and Amity sat there on one of the benches, there only a few minutes left until eight.

"Luz."

I glanced over when she called for my attention.

"Yes, Amity?" I replied.

"Would it be possible if... You can meet my parents? Maybe this week's weekends?" She asked.

Can I..?

[You're free on Sunday, you still need to feed yourself on Saturday.]

Oh, so I can then?

[Yes.]

"Perhaps on Sunday I can, I'll be quite busy this Saturday." I said.

She stared off to the distance a bit before saying, "who's that..?"

I raised a brow and glanced in the direction she was looking at.

[Runaway now.]

I felt a flinch in my back as I shot up grabbing Amity's hand and dragging her away without many words to answer her question seconds ago.

[Check your time immediately.]

Yanking my phone out, it was past two minutes! Damnit, she needs to get back home before it does.

"Amity, it's time to go home." I said before plunging us both into a tree shadow.

We landed on her bed with her being on top.

She was a little dazed but all in all, she was alright, thank goodness for that.

[Next time don't ever forget your alarm.]

Yeah, yeah, it's not my fault you made me do so many stuff yesterday I forgot I turned all of my alarms off here, and maybe next time, you should try tracking the time for me if I ever do forget.

"Luz..?"

I glanced over when she whispered my name.

Helping myself off of her bed, she sat down beside me with a look of concern laced unto it.

She must be wondering what had happened a few minutes ago.

"Sorry, I had to do that... It wasn't supposed to get you." I whispered.

"Get what?? Me?"

I sighed.

She shouldn't know.

[She shouldn't at all.]

I know... Because if she ever finds out about it, she might get scared of my realm and never want to go there ever again.

[Don't tell her anything about what it is capable of and why it appeared.]

"Listen... Amity... That was an emperor's spy. Every eight or so, it will appear and try to get you. If I didn't get us out of there in time, I'm not sure what would ever happen to you after that, and I don't want to feel worried sick knowing they got you." I explained.

She stared at me for a while.

"An emperor's spy..?" She muttered.

She must be thinking of emperor Belos here. That's fine. It'll be fine.

[Do not tell her.]

I won't.

"I love you, Amity."

She flushed red and averted eye contact from me.

She still gets flustered whenever I say something that sweet and meaningful still, huh...

"Do you love me back?" I asked.

She sighed before smiling at me and saying, "I love you too, Luz."

That felt reassuring to hear.

I gave her a light kiss on the forehead before leaving.