11

Amity's POV;

There, she took out what looked like a key with an eye. And out of nowhere did a door unfold and open in front of us.

"Please hold still, Amity." She said.

I paused and watched her put a mask on my face. Somehow, the mask felt familiar, it felt like this was hers. What caught me off guard more though was the fact that it felt like it changed shape to fit my face.

"You look outstanding, Amity." She said.

I meekly laughed before I felt something off in the back of my ears.

Reaching a hand to touch one of my ears, I gasped.

They were round.

"What did you do!?" I asked.

"Don't worry, Amity." She said before leading me through the door.

...

Light blinded my eyes for a split second before I heard strange noises around me.

Opening my eyes to look, I glanced around in awe.

It wasn't as light as I thought it was.

Looking around, it was dark, the walls were dark, the floor was dark, looking around more, I saw... Other humans, they had smiles on their faces some dancing and some talking with drinks in hand.

"Come." I perked up when she spoke and held my hand.

I didn't know where I was.

"What is this place?" I asked.

There was loud music, it was booming through these weird speaker like devices from the walls that were in blue.

I don't know how but she heard my question over all the noises around us.

"You're in my party." She answered.

I raised a brow.

"Party..?" I mumbled before she lead me through a door, she opened it and shut it behind us.

All the sound from outside disappeared like it never easy there in the first place. What kind of sorcery is this..? I thought humans couldn't do magic...

"Amity."

I jumped when she called for me.

"Huh?? What?? Yeah??" I stammered.

She chuckled before offering a hand when I realized I let go of her hand.

I chuckled back before sitting down beside her on the couch she led me to.

There were other humans with us, they wore shiny things, I think they were all silver, gold, and maybe diamond. Their clothes were fancy too.

"Say, this is the girl you were saying you fell in love with??" A woman in their forties wearing a brown suit spoke while glancing at me. She wore a mask just like me but it looked a little different.

"Yes, she's the one I was talking about." She spoke.

"And does she know your name, Miss. Noceda?" Another woman in a white buttoned-up shirt said with crossed legs.

Miss. Noceda..?

Noceda?

Is that her last name?

"No, she doesn't." She said before chuckling.

"Well, I don't care much about introductions but... I'm Eda the former owl lady, kid, what's yours?"

I perked up when one of them spoke.

"Oh! I'm Amity! A... Amity Blight, mam!" I stammered.

My body feels so stiff in the tension I was having in the room.