60

"I'm right here!!"

Luz smiled as she and Eda walked inside the office with her having to close the door for them.

"It's been quite a long time since I've seen, principal Bump! Still a doofus I see!" Eda said while waving.

"Oh? Have we met before? I can't seem to recall anything with you."

There was a moment of silence before Eda chuckled and took the hood off of her.

Bump was brought gasping in shock and realization when he sprung up from his chair.

"Edalyn..?" He began while walking over.

"Is that..? Is that you..?" He asked.

"Yes, that's the long-ago famous wanted wild magic user." Luz said while patting Eda's arm.

Eda smiled toothily while saying, "good to see you're still yourself after all these times, doofus?"

"Where have you been all this time..?" Bump asked.

He was still in so much surprise here.

"You've been alive all this time?" He asked.

"Oh, enough interrogation, I'm just here to enroll my kid, Luz here at Hexside and I'll be off." Eda said while pulling Luz close by the shoulders.

"Well, if you're gonna enroll her here, she'll have to show magic capabilities." Bump said.

"Oh! All of that's taken care of! She can do magic in almost all forms she's found it to be accessible in." Eda said.

Bump smiled a bit as he said, "well if that's the case, I trust that having a small interview of how good you are isn't needed. Let's get Edalyn to sigh some papers down and you'll be good to go next week."

Eda laughed in amusement at that.

"Sorry, but for confidential reasons, I'm the one signing everything down for myself." Luz said.

Bump was a little taken aback in a surprise of this.

"Oh, well, you'll still need a guardian to sign on of your papers to make it legal." He said.

"My kid doesn't need a guardian, she is a guardian to herself already! Almost... But what my point is, there's no use being a guardian to someone who can do everything for themselves." Eda said.

Luz perked up a smile from that.

'Cheesy but I'll take it.' she thought before saying, "is it alright, principal Bump?"

Bump glanced back and forth at the two before sighing as he said, "not really, but since you seem to be in hiding. I'll sign the other papers for you, but we'll still keep your papers confidential too, alright?"

Luz chuckled while agreeing.

It was a great deal to have, who would pass up such an opportunity here??

...

"Alright, kid, this is goodbye now. Here, take care of Owlbert and make sure you only use him when it's needed, ok?? Wouldn't want Camy getting angry at us here now, don't we?" Eda said as she handed Owlbert along with her staff over to Luz.

Luz nodded.

"I'll promise to do just that, owl mom, and you also better promise me you'll take care of mami here." She said.

Eda laughed before saying, "you have my words and I have your words! Bye, Luz, have a safe and good first day at your school next week, alright?"