17

"And after disappearing only for three years. Coming back and seeing you've been just fine has got me so relieved." Luz said as she raised Amity to look at her by the chin.

Amity hummed.

"You... Died and..." She began.

Luz sighed, chuckling as she hushed her down.

"It's the past and... I don't want anybody knowing about this... Please, don't ditch me out as a human who's an inanimated corpse." She said.

"You're a what!?" Amity jumped.

"Calm down and just look and listen." Luz said as she placed two fingers from Amity on her neck.

Amity paused when she felt a calm pulse.

"This pulse is from a different heart that Eda had created while she was reviving me." Luz explained.

"But... You're still dead..?" Amity said.

"I love you, Amity." Luz said.

Those words were somehow enough for Amity to flush red.

"I know... I never said a single thing all those years in each of your birthdays... I was afraid you'd have the mindset of loving the same gender as something wrong..." Luz said.

Amity hummed as she reached out and held one of Luz's hands.

Luz perked up a bit when she did that.

"I was... Half naive those times, I thought you were just someone who came from some other powerful wizard or witch who came to visit my birthdays in anonymous." Amity said.

Luz smiled.

"So... You... Still want to be my fiancée?" She asked.

"Too late, I already said yes, young lady, if you're gonna ditch me now I'll cry for the rest of my life." Amity scoffed.

Luz snickered before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Oh... That's silly, hang on what time is it..?" She said as she took out her phone from behind her pocket.

Amity raised a brow when she saw the supposed strange device.

"Oh, dear... It's already eight, you have to go back home now." Luz said as she stood up and took the key out.

Pressing it, the door appeared in front of them.

"C'mon, let's go now, Amity." Luz said while offering a hand.

Amity smiled as she took it, even blushing a bit as she walked alongside Luz when they walked through.

They were brought back to where they disappeared in, the alleyway.

Walking down the well lit and a bit of a lonely street, Luz led the way to Amity's home.

"Luz, here..." Amity said as she took off the mask.

Luz smirked as she wore it on, her ears quickly changed into witch's ears in a blink of an eye, making Amity look over in a bit of awe.

"Is... Is the mask... Magical too?" She mumbled over.

Luz smiled, the hold on Amity's hand firm but gentle as she said, "yes, owl mom made it for me even before I was two years old where she somewhat associated with the Blights because of her power and before she was called in as a criminal there too."

Amity hummed.

"I think it might be best you keep the mask to yourself." She said, making Luz chuckled in amusement.