92

Amity hummed, forcing a reassuring smile to her face as she said, "yeah, I'm fine, well... It's just that I feel a little pressured."

Luz understood that.

Such pressure it is to be in a large and wide conversation with people better than you is very pressure killing to someone who's now being dubbed the most important one.

"Let's go somewhere else then..?" She suggested.

Amity perked up, she was thinking over it, even wanting to stammer out a yes but realize what the party they were in about for.

"Ohh, I don't think my... Parents would allow that." She muttered out.

"It's alright, your parents are distracted and our friend Boscha knows we went somewhere else, she can inform them. Isn't that right, dear friend Boscha?" Luz chuckled, holding one of Amity's hand in one with her other hand tucked behind her back.

Boscha perked up, forcing a laugh out of her throat as she stammered out, "wha-of course, I would! Hah!"

Amity thought it over as she saw Luz lean a bit towards her with a smirk, those brown eyes glistening ever so slightly under the dark shade behind the white mask. She blushed a bit with a smile.

"Luz..." She hummed while slowly yet gently pushing Luz back with a finger to their forehead.

Luz chuckled a bit, leaning back straight before saying, "alright, now, what's your answer..? I saw a beautiful place just tonight, and it's just behind this mansion."

Amity giggled under a hand and followed beside Luz.

...

"Woah..." Amity stared at the fountain they stood in front of.

Luz smiled.

"I never knew the Linneas family had such a beautiful fountain." Amity pondered as she sat down and dipped a hand on the water.

It was such a soothing feel of cold.

"And it's such a lovely place too..." She added.

Luz chuckled before saying, "Mr. Agat Linneas brought me here once."

Amity glanced over in curiosity.

"Really? Why?" She asked.

"Well, in all honesty for you. He wanted something, something very endearing that he gave up something for it." Luz said.

"What is it?" Amity asked, her attention, spanned, and focused towards Luz.

Luz hummed before saying, "it was a simple yet special toy that he lost twenty years ago, a toy that was gifted by his father before death as he had told it."

Amity blinked before glancing down her shoes.

"No wonder it was so special to him, I don't know how I'd feel if my dad or mom died." She said.

"Really?" Luz asked, a tilt of smirk on her face when she glanced at Amity who snickered back before saying, "oh, well, I guess not too much since... My dad's a jerk, and my mom's a bit of a... Color-coded woman, and a jerk too."

Luz lightly wheezed laughing under a hand with Amity following to laugh too.

"Sorry, you were probably not expecting that from someone like me were you?" Amity laughed.

"Oh, no, no, it's just... I never knew that you knew your parents being as such as that." Luz said, calming herself down while waving a reassuring hand in front of Amity.