88

"Did you hear? A human was just enrolled here?"

"What was the principal thinking of sending a human to such a prestigious school?"

"All I heard was that the principal of Hexside had embarrassed the Linneas family. How horrible they must've felt getting belittled by someone crooked and ragged"

Amity sat there with the other children close to her age.

She didn't like it here. She didn't even want to be here in the first place.

"You ok, Amity?"

She perked up when Boscha poked her in the cheek.

"Huh..? Oh, uhh... Yes, I'm ok." Amity muttered out while patting her cheek.

Boscha hummed before shrugging as she said, "well, don't just zone out like that, you looked really sad. Even the twins on the other side had to give me a text to poke you."

Amity raised a brow and glanced at the twins who were forced to sit far opposite from her.

The twins waved at her with a motion of worry.

She waved back, assuring them of her health in response.

"Y'now, you should keep track of time too, the twins even said you've been zoning out for exactly an hour before they decided to text me." Boscha hummed while looking through penstagram.

"You're one to talk... You're always on that app and I'm still questioning why you like that app so much." Amity huffed, crossing her arms as she glanced around her.

Everyone was mingling here. Well, some weren't too.

The twins were doing lovely in friend talks. They were practically a bit surrounded by a few witches their age talking about everything that was away brought up.

Meanwhile, Amity was stuck sitting close to the adults' table, having to sit there and listen to their conversation. She didn't like any of their conversations at all, not one bit.

'I wanna be with Luz today...' she sighed in dissatisfaction with her situation.

She was bored, that she knew. But she was also craving for some attention, a moment where she can just talk to someone, anyone who can give her any topic to talk about.

"Excuse me."

Amity raised a brow when someone patted their shoulder.

Glancing over, she saw a boy, wearing a meek and somewhat shy look.

"Hi, do you remember me..?" They said.

'Huh..? Who is this guy?' Amity wondered as she said, "excuse me?"

"Well if you don't remember, I'm the guy who tried asking you out for a dance on your birthday weeks ago. My name is Seth Linneas."

Amity hummed.

She still didn't know who the hell this boy was.

"Sorry, I don't recall anyone named Seth Linneas." She said.

"Oh, well, that's fine... I just came over here because my big brother Keith said she wanted to ask for your name." Seth chuckled over as he pointed behind his back.

Amity leaned aside slightly to look.

It was the same student who tried framing Boscha.

'He must be trying to put a hex on me...' she thought before saying, "it's Anika Blight."

She lied.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you Anika..! I'll go over there now, I wouldn't want my big brother waiting for too long." Seth said before walking off.