75

Luz's POV;

"Oh, well, that'll do. Come along."

Should I send her to Eda..?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they have a conflict against each other of some kind.

You need to interrogate her, Luz.

Oh! Right, right, right...

"Aunt Lilith, why did you curse your sister?"

Walking down the street, I kept a steady pace for her to be able to follow beside me.

"I... I was young, selfish, and naive... I never realized she has the confidence to walk away when the day came." She said.

Walk away with confidence when the day came..?

She's talking about the finals in getting into the emperor's coven.

Oh...

"Do tell... You seem selfless when you decided to sacrifice yourself as requested by the emperor." I pondered before pausing so we can cross the road.

Sighing, I reached a hand to hold hers.

"Don't let go, this world treats people badly if a child was left without having a hand to hold when crossing a road." I said before walking while asking, "where did you get the curse to put on her from? And what kind is it?"

We continued, just walking while she answered every single question I asked her.

She seemed straight forward, but only a tad less selfless than Eda while having the tang of feeling guilt trip over her past actions.

...

"You're much more... Responsible than your sister, Aunt Lilith." I pondered as I led her inside the building and through the elevator.

As soon as we got in, she finally asked about it.

"Why do call me your Aunt and... Where are we..?"

I took a brief moment to check the time before answering with, "it's pretty disrespectful to just call you Lilith to be fair here... And besides that..."

Leading her to the door, it was loud in music as I would expect it would be.

Opening the door, I led her inside before closing the door behind her.

"She'd get mad if I don't." I said.

"Lily..?"

I watched as Lilith yanked her attention to Eda who had a bit of paperwork in her hands. Wow, she's gotten pretty worked over to do almost everything here after I left.

"Edalyn..?"

After it was all settled down, I explained everything I can tell them about.

...

"Well... That's something I don't understand but... Thanks for getting her away from the emperor, Luz..."

I smiled at Eda when she said that.

"Although, I still don't understand how you knew I had a sister here."

I felt a trickle of sweat from behind my neck as I chuckled and said, "I found a picture of you two, and nothing than a little research and magic testing was enough to find out who they were."

I lied.

I think Lilith knew but kept her mouth shut about it. I think she's talked with the emperor about who I am and what I'm capable of when we first took a quick chat in the zoo.