39

"Luz! Where have you been!?"

Luz meekly laughed when Eda shook her by the arms in worry.

"Sorry, owl mom... I had to go... To a bathroom to throw up." She lied.

Eda raised a brow as she said, "what?? But there's a bathroom here? Why go somewhere else??"

"Because... Hooty would be pretty grossed out..?" Luz hummed.

Eda stared at her for a moment before saying, "fair enough, but don't run off without telling me where you're going next time. You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Luz chuckled a bit.

"And let me guess, you learned that new word in one of the books mami gave you again?" She wondered while caressing a thumb on the apple in her hand.

"Yep!" Eda laughed.

Luz sighed before saying, "I think you might have to delay... Enrolling me for now..."

Eda was confused.

"I thought you wanted to be enrolled today? Why? Did something happen?" She said.

"Nothing... Too bad happened, but... I'd prefer that you... Postpone it for a day or two... Please..? Owl mom?" Luz sighed as she sat down on the couch, a hand covering her eyes as she stared at empty darkness.

Eda was really confused here.

"Hmm... Ok, I'll delay it, it might be better if we grab your stuff from your world to help you settle in here?" She said.

Luz nodded as Eda walked off.

Sitting there alone, Hooty didn't dare say a thing when she grabbed a knife out of nowhere and stabbed the apple with it in one go.

Piercing it through with such angered impending force.

"For a starter... You have the worst taste in soul collecting."

Hooty continued to listen.

Was Luz talking to herself here?

Probably.

"Oh, shut up." Luz scoffed before yanking the knife out of the apple and taking a bite.

Red blood seeped out of the bite she took out from.

It was such a bittersweet apple.

Sweeter than the other ones she's taken a bite out of.

Breathing in a sigh of relief to calm herself down better, she chewed before spitting it out.

Hooty still didn't say a thing or do a thing.

"For a soul that's worse than his brother's, his is as sweet as a tooth cavity." Luz commented before crushing the apple in one go.

Swaying her dirtied hand a bit, she wiped her chin before standing up and fixing herself in front of a mirror.

"Hey, kid, Cami was wondering just how many clothes you're gonna be bringing with you."

Luz glanced away from the mirror with a smile when Eda came before she replied with, "no, no, it's alright, I can pack them myself without issues."

Eda chuckled before saying, "well, good luck doing that because Cami here is not relenting, kid."

Luz snickered a laugh at that.

"Oh, great... Guess I'll just... Help a bit with her just so you don't see me going red in embarrassment." She scoffed back before continuing with, "gotta keep myself in great shape here after all."