42

There is no such thing as arranged marriage unless you count this fanfiction as one of them.

Well, I suppose so... Damn, I have not a single clue how arranged marriages work yet, I do more research on things to create this fanfiction lifelike in some ways than go random at points of times to make sense here.

Such a dumb rant, don't worry, it added exactly 69 words.

Now unto the story, right?

Luz showed Amity everything that could be considered romantic, adoring, and mostly. Endearing.

It was fun.

Until Luz showed her the last bit.

"These are called macaroons." Luz said while holding a sweet dessert in one hand with the other holding the pink box it came from as a package for two.

Somehow she got away with it because of the 'Devil's charm'. She did find some kind of good use of it after all.

"Macaroons..?" Amity wondered.

They sat there under the night sky.

The other tables were empty but it didn't mean that they couldn't use it for a little while.

"Yeah... These are sweet! And can sometimes be a crave in just one bite." Luz chuckled out while placing the box down on the table.

Amity hummed while resting her chin on one hand.

"I don't know... It's very suspicious." She said.

Luz faked a small gasp before saying, "am I not trustworthy yet, Amity?"

Amity snickered laughing as she said, "ok, ok, I'll try this... Human dessert."

Luz smiled in victory as she watched Amity take a bite. Honestly, she was a little surprised when Amity just took a bite without using her hands to take the treat in her hold.

She smirked.

"How coy." She commented.

Amity chuckled a bit before taking a moment to wonder over the sweet taste she got from the dessert.

"It's rather... Sweeter than the deserts they have in the boiling isles. It's... My favorite now." She said.

"Ohh... Is it because I fed it to you?" Luz teased.

Amity chuckled a bit.

"Maybe it is." She snickered with a light blush.

Luz just laughed it off before leaning the bit macaroon towards Amity.

"Then are you gonna finish it?" She wondered with a sly voice.

Amity rolled her eyes before taking it.

"Aww... It's like feeding a baby." Luz cooed.

"Well, please don't... That's a little coy of you too." Amity snickered back.

Luz chuckled a bit before handing the pink box towards Amity.

"What?" Amity laughed.

"It's yours, for my dear Amity after all. I wouldn't want you missing me so quickly if we were to part ways so early." Luz hummed while checking her watch.

It was almost eight.

"Luz." Amity called over while closing the pink box in both hands.

"Yes, Amity?" Luz replied.

"Why is it that you always send me back home at exactly eight every night?" Amity asked.

Luz felt a trickle of sweat from that as she tried to find an answer for it.

"You see..."

The alarm went off.