93

Amity smiled wide.

"But... Do you know what that toy was, Amity..?" Luz hummed.

Amity chippered up a bit.

"What was it?" She asked.

"This fountain." Luz said.

Amity was confused for a second there as she glanced over the fountain they were sitting in rest in.

"This fountain? Was the toy?" She asked.

"Yes, he told me how he and his father used to play here, running, jumping, and playing catch, all he said he will always wish to have every day when he came home. I pitied him enough to give him the money to make it." Luz said.

"You..? But they're a rich family of witches??" Amity asked.

Luz chuckled before saying, "oh deary me... They're not the real Linneas family anymore. They're fakes, the ones who replaced the real ones who are out far away somewhere else instead."

"What do you mean?" Amity wondered before continuing with, "they're in the family tree y'now."

"That family tree is fake, the real one is buried under the very exact spot we are resting in. The real Linneas family didn't want anything to do with the royalty of strong witches and wizards that serve under the great emperor, they were adventurers." Luz said.

"Wild witches?" Amity guessed.

"Hahaha... No, not exactly wild witches." Luz chuckled over.

"Then..?" Amity hummed.

"Pirate witches supposedly fit the description closely." Luz chirped.

Amity huffed up a smile as she crossed her arms and gave Luz a snicker under her tongue.

Luz chuckled.

"Unbelievable, I know." She said.

Amity sighed before saying, "of course, it is, Luz. Pirates were all-"

"Long gone because emperor Belos stroke fear to them,"

Amity pause when Luz said that.

"You know a lot of the boiling isles." She hummed.

Luz laughed.

"I usually read in the public library in the isles, the librarians there all know about me so they don't bother much when I walk inside and grab a book from almost anywhere." She said.

"What? Really? Why didn't you tell me!? I also go there too!" Amity gasped.

Luz was taken aback.

"Oh, really? What for?" She asked.

Amity paused. Her face turning a tad red before she took in the courage to say, "uhm, well, to... Read the good witch Azura... Uhm, most of the time."

Luz stared at her before dropping into a fit of laughter.

Amity went completely red while also laughing.

"It's embarrassing! I know!" She laughed.

"Nonsense," Luz laughed.

Amity stifled her laugh down before saying, "yeah, it is! You didn't expect this, perfect princess top student to read stuff like those boring stuff, right? I'm supposed to be into reading books relating completely on magi-"

"No matter what you read, that is nothing to be embarrassed about." Luz said, cutting Amity off without hesitation.

Amity sighed and looked down.

"You don't... Find me weird liking those at all?" She muttered.

Luz snickered before saying, "of course, not!"

Amity smiled. It felt assuring for her.

For a moment they sat there in silence.