33

Walking through the crowd of party-goers and other people, Luz made her way over to the room she knew Eda would be in.

Either drinking or reading off of some human book that Camila bought for her to have to read out of pure spite.

"Owl mom." Luz called out after closing the door behind her.

Eda looked up from her book in hand with a smirk and said, "yeah, kid?? You look tired, did you go somewhere far again? Planning where to take Amity next even?"

Luz chuckled a bit before saying, "perhaps the great view of one of the most famous romantic towers will do?"

Eda laughed.

"I don't know what that is but that sounds cliché to hear." She said before continuing with, "just what brings you here anyway? You're never the type to come over here just after you left so early over something important that you call 'business' on your phone, and you're not the type to also come here whenever you can do so unless you need something of course."

Luz meekly hummed as she sat down opposite facing Eda, sighing a bit, she drew a spell that teleported one of the drinks from outside and to her hand.

"When are you enrolling me in Hexside?" She asked.

"Huh... Is that where Amity actually goes to?" Eda snickered.

Luz smirked as she took a quick drink from her glass.

"Perhaps so... Why ask, owl mom?" She said.

"Oh, nothing. Just want to make sure I don't enroll you there to learn magic and not show off your bad girl coven magic to everyone, you did teach yourself magic more than I did." Eda said with a quick roll from her eyes.

"Well, that's too bad. I'll be learning their kind of magic there whether you like it or not." Luz hummed before finishing half of her drink down in one go.

Clearly, she didn't really need to drink. She was dead and the dead can live off of nothing in their rotten stomach.

"Well, it's too good to be true that you won't learn anything there when I enroll you, but do make sure to be better than anybody else there in magic and don't believe in their so called 'the right way to learn magic' crap or 'you can choose only one coven' crap." Eda said as she finally flipped a page of what she was reading off of in.

Luz smiled a bit from that.

"I promise I won't fall for those 'craps' you were talking about, owl mom." She pledged down making Eda chuckle a bit in amusement.

"Oh, I don't really care whatever you do there at all, kid, what I can tell you though is that you shouldn't trust the Emperor. He's shady and someone you can't trust no matter what, he brings nothing but the wanting of being the supposed powerful chosen one that doesn't exist in the first place." Eda said before continuing with, "but yeah, I'll enroll you at Hexside alright."

Luz smiled wide with stars for irises.

"Really?" She asked before continuing with, "you're seriously doing it?"

Eda nodded.

"Well, you're also my kid now so I can't say no to something insane now here, and Cami already agreed and expects me to do something about it too." She said.