61

Amity's POV;

I sighed after finishing up on a book.

That was a good last chapter right there. A very good one at that.

"Amity?"

I perked up over her dad's voice.

"Yeah, dad??" I responded while turning around my seat.

Dad smiled when he opened the door.

"I and your mom have been talking things out on something very important." He began.

I somehow felt anxiety in my veins as I said, "oh?? What is it about, dad?"

"It's about your fiancée, we've never seen her in person other than the twins who say... She wears a white mask similar to what the emperor guards wear with a distinct difference of how it felt around them." He replied.

"Oh! Well... The twins sort of bumped into her while we were... In the zoo one fine afternoon when we were forced to have some bonding time by mom." I said before continuing with, "but yes, she does wear a mask... To sort of... Hide half of her identity."

"Hmm... She never told me it was forced. Oh, well, I just came by to tell you that I and your mom have decided that we want to see this fiancée of yours in person." He said.

"Your mom wanted to make sure they weren't someone that would be horrible to our reputation, moreover the family status itself here." He added a bit.

I paused, staring at my dad, I was mentally panicking.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH---

"Is there something wrong, Amity?" He asked.

"What!? Oh!! Uhh--nothing! There's nothing wrong, dad!!" I stammered when I snapped out of my daze.

He blinked a few times in surprise to that, I think.

"Alright, but if you ever need someone to talk to. Your family is always open to everything, alright? Don't be shy to tell here, even the twins go out of their ways to give each other a bummed time while confessing on almost anything." He said.

I'm meekly laughed as I watched her father close the door for me.

As soon as silence did set in.

I felt my whole existence disappear as I fell to my knees trying to breathe.

'Ok... So they want to meet her sooner than expected! It's fine! It'll be fine!' I wondered as I tried to stand up and walk around my room.

It'll be fine!

You can just go up to them and say, "I have a confession to say, I'm in love with a human who has magical capabilities."

"Aaarghh!! No! That's horrible!" I yelled while holding my head when I looked up.

What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!?

I can't just say that!! They'll probably think this is insane and even worse is that they might hate humans!

Wait, do they even hate humans??

I haven't done any of my background research around them for a while! Uuuuuuuuhhhhh--why!?

Calm down, Amity, it's gonna be sort of ok here, there are solutions to everything--!?!??