34

There was silence in the room as Em slowly snuck over and stood near the foot of Amity's bed with Ed near one of Amity's open palm.

Em gave a quick thumbs-up gesture as she watched Ed nod and slowly put down whip cream on Amity's hand quietly.

With a snickered laugh, Em slowly reached a hand and gave a quick prod to Amity's cheek using a pen.

Amity's expression shifted and a splatter of icing befell her to spring up from her bed.

"Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

In a disgruntled morning, she tried to wipe the icing off of her face while yelling at the twins who were brought having to rush for the door that was immediately locked close with a spell.

"Oop--forgot about that." Em said as Amity closed in on them.

"Well, it was nice knowing you." Ed laughed.

...

Amity sat on the couch with Ed being her foot chair all in a while Em served as a maid beside her.

"What happened this time?" Alador asked with a quick chuckle.

"They gave me a wonderful alarm clock." Amity answered with full-on sarcasm.

Alador chuckled a tad louder this time.

"I see... Well, it would seem they'll have to do something better than that if they want to get away with it." He hummed.

Amity nodded in agreement to that statement.

Ed laughed a bit.

"It was worth it." He commented, making Em snicker a laugh down to her throat.

"Sure, sure... Worth it you can say." Amity huffed while scrolling through penstagram.

"Are you all ready to go out yet?"

The four perked up over Odalia's voice from the hallway.

Amity, Alador, and the twins shot up with frantically confused looks.

"Go where, dear?" Alador asked with a trickle of sweat.

"To a party, we were invited to this early morning." Odalia said before continuing with, "I specifically said we'd go this morning just last night's dinner, remember?"

All of them quickly drew spells to change into better civilian attires just before Odalia reached them to check.

"Oh, lovely." Odalia smiled.

"Alright, we're ready, where are we going?" Alador asked as he stood up from his seat.

Odalia hummed before saying, "to the Mindi's family of course."

The twins along with Amity felt their faces wanting to scrunch up in disgust.

'The Mindi's!?? Why the Mindi's!? Their son is a damn jerk!!'

Their thoughts were in unison for once. Like their hearts were one in the same for a moment there.

"Come along. We can't be late now, can we?" Odalia said.

Alador sighed before turning his gaze over to his children who didn't really want to go there anymore.

"Listen, I know their son Michael Mindi can be a jerk, but please do this for your mother." He said just after Odalia had left the scene for her not to hear.

"Well... Fine, but I don't make promises if it gets out of hand." Amity muttered.

"But, dad?? Why do we have to really go? I and Em are sixteen, can't we just stay?" Ed whined.

"That would be unfair for Amity." Alador hummed.