Chapter four

Three hours. That's how long I had been sitting here while getting criticized by Roman. Basically he wouldn't stop telling me how much of an idiot I was and asking if I'm purposely trying to fail him this semester.

Maybe if I had grown up with older brothers who just so happened to be total assholes, I'd have thicker skin and wouldn't be on the verge of tears but I didn't and I was.

"Are you crying right now?" Roman asks, annoyed.

I sniffle and quickly wipe a tear from my cheek. "No." I say in a cool tone. "Could you show me where the bathroom is?"

He rolls his eyes. "Carson!" He shouts.

After a few seconds Carson appears. "What's up?" He asks, keeping his eyes on me.

"Please show her where the bathroom is."

Carson nods his head, signaling for me to follow.

I keep my eyes to the ground and follow his steps. We go up the stairs and turn left.

"Straight through there." He says.

I nod and enter the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

Okay I need to get the hell out of here.

Roman wouldn't stop saying we'd do this all night if we had too and there was no way I was about to let him denigrate me any longer.

I open the window and peak outside.

If I jumped I could definitely expect a broken foot and that was probably the best scenario. I needed to get back downstairs unnoticed.

I quietly open the door and take a look out in the hall. I didn't see anyone.

Only the three guys lived here and it didn't seem like Kai was home so I really just needed to avoid Carson and Roman.

You know Jillian, you could just tell Roman you want to go home and demand he drives you back. Although, he definitely seems like he's used to getting his way and that kinda doesn't seem like an option.

I quietly tip-toe down the stairs and head back through the hall. I could see the front door but I still needed to successfully cross this hall unnoticed.

I check to make sure no ones around and continue walking. The office doors were closed. I assume Roman's still waiting in there.

Unfortunately, I'd be leaving my laptop behind but I could always ask for it back during class and if he said no, I could just make a scene. I don't know. It didn't matter, I just needed to leave.

I was halfway down the hall when I stop in front of the red doors. I could hear a muffled sound coming from inside.

My mom always said my curiosity would get me in trouble and maybe she was right but-

I hear another muffled noise which was confirming something was definitely inside.

I take another look to make sure I was alone and quietly open the doors. Just as I do, a gunshot goes off.

My stomach drops.

An older man falls to the floor, blood pouring out of his head. His eyes were wide open and staring into mine. I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. I wasn't able to process what was happening.

"Damnit Carson, you were suppose to watch her." Kai shouts.

That's when I look up and notice Kai gripping onto a gun.

I finally snap back to reality and quickly turn around only to bump into something hard. I look forward and see a chest in front of me. I look up and see Roman.