Chapter fifteen

I was currently sitting at the kitchen table, holding an ice pack to the back of my head. I felt like passing out when Roman told me I needed stitches.

Kai and Carson had brought the man downstairs to the basement and locked the door. They were now sitting in front of me with sympathetic looks while Roman went to grab the first aid kit.

"Guys." I say with exhaustion in my voice. I really didn't want them looking at me like that. Like I had just been beaten and sexually assaulted.

It had been about a month since Roman first kidnapped me. That kind of felt weird saying now because of how nice Kai and Carson treated me and how Roman saved my life twice already. Still, that's what it was.

"Sorry." They say simultaneously while averting their eyes in a different direction.

Roman walks down the stairs with the same first aid kit I had used to stitch his arm.

I groan. Partially because I was in pain and partially because I wasn't sure how well Roman knew how to give someone stitches.

"Have you done this before?" I ask.

He smirks. "Had you done it before?"

That didn't make me feel better.

"Don't worry Jillian, Roman's stitched up plenty of wounds. Wether it was from a gun, knife, car, shark-"

My eyes widen in confusion.

"It was one time back in Canada." Roman laughs. "It sounds worse than it was."

"You've been doing this since you were a kid?" I ask surprised. He doesn't respond.

"I really just don't want an ugly scar." I say.

"Relax. It's a thin cut on the back of your head. No one will even see it." Roman parts the back of my hair to one side and opens the kit up.

"You're lucky it's small or I would've had to shave some of your hair off."

"Yikes. I can not picture you bald." Kai says with a repulsed reaction.

"Dude. Shut up." Carson laughs while swatting Kai's head.

"You'd still look cute." Roman reassures, causing my cheeks to burn red.

It was weird hearing Roman compliment me. I'm sure I'd only heard him mention being attracted to me twice. Once, at the beginning of all of this and just now. Yet, when I was actually showing off, like at his fathers party, he seemed to not care at all. I'm not sure why I cared so much on wether he cared or not. I don't.

"This is going to hurt." He whispers before piercing my skin with the needle.

I bite down on my lip to avoid making a sound. I was really trying to prove to the guys I wasn't weak like Roman thought I was.

After only three minutes Roman states he's finished and places the ice pack back on my head.

"Alright, let's go handle this." Roman says, looking at the boys.

Carson and Kai stand up and head towards the basement door but Roman continues to stand in front of me.

"Jillian, come on." He says.

I turn to face him. The confusion must've been written all over my face because before I could say anything, he spoke again.

"You're coming too."

"You're not serious?" I ask softly.

"Do I look like the type of person to joke?" He asks.

"You want me to go back and face the man who was about to-"