Chapter twenty four

We all sat around the table, quietly eating breakfast. I could hear Carson biting into a piece of toast while Kai spun his spoon around in his cereal bowl, the glass clinking each time the spoon hits it. Roman wasn't touching his food. Instead he was reading the newspaper.

I hadn't ever realized why he read the newspaper each morning but I now figured it had something to do with trying to track down Dante if he left any trails or reading about the death reports he may have caused.

"So you two sounded like you had a lot of fun last night." Kai speaks, finally breaking the silence.

Carson looks over at him with a flat expression and my face starts to heat up. Of course they heard us. I could hear Roman and the girls he'd bring home and now I was that girl.

"Shut up Kai." Roman says blandly, his eyes not leaving the paper.

Kai smirks and continues spinning his spoon around in his bowl.

"I'm, um I'm late so I'm gonna go." I stutter, grabbing my bag and rushing out the door.

"No way!" I hear Heather shout as I close the door behind me.

I look over at her confused. "What are you doing here?"

She shrugs. "Kai won't stop texting me. I came to ask him to lose my number," She pauses and eyes me curiously. "But you!" She runs up to me and leans in. "You totally lost your v-card."

I back up and look at her confused. "What?"

She rolls her eyes. "Don't act confused. You and Roman did it, didn't you?"

"How- how do you know?" I ask slowly.

She glances at me. "I've known you most of my life, I can tell somethings different." She sighs. "I guess it was just a matter of time since you're living together."

She pauses and looks around. "Was it any good?"

My face reddens as moments from last night flood through my mind.

She gasps. "Oh my God, it was good!"

"Can we please just get to class?" I beg, trying to avoid discussing the events of last night.

"After this." She turns around and knocks onto the fraternity door.

Coincidentally, Kai opens it up and smirks at the sight of Heather.

"Oh no. Don't give me that look." Heather speaks, annoyed.

"You look so good today." Kai says, eyeing Heather up and down.

"Kai, lose my number. Stop talking to me. I'm not going to be just another girl that you sleep with."

Kai smirks. "You could be."

Heather glances at me and rolls her eyes.

"I'll sleep with you once every guy at this university is gone." She snaps back.

Kai glances at me and I look down at the ground. A small part of me considered that Kai was probably capable of making every guy on campus disappear.

"A tease? You're killing me Heather." Kai grips onto his chest dramatically.

Heather suppresses a slight smile before pursing her lips together. "Just lose my number, okay?"

Before Kai can respond, Heather turns on her heel and walks away. Kai smirks at me and I roll my eyes and follow Heather towards the school.

As we walk I notice she was trying to suppress a slight smile. I look behind us only to find Kai still standing outside the fraternity door, watching as Heather walked away.